Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    ears/34"/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: MSM?

Quote Originally Posted by celebriangel View Post
    I'm taking 2000mg per day in 2x1000mg tablets.

I'm not sure it's making my hair grow faster, per se, but it *definitely* put a stop to my end-of-birth-control shed. Now I get 6 hairs when I comb instead of about 20-30.
    How long after quitting did your shed happen? I experienced a massive shed in august/september and I couldn't figure out why. I've been thinking of going to the doctor. I stopped taking bc pills (tri-sprintec) in may, I never suspected them as the culprit.

Length
    Ears/MBL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: MSM?

Quote Originally Posted by owlathena View Post
    How long after quitting did your shed happen? I experienced a massive shed in august/september and I couldn't figure out why. I've been thinking of going to the doctor. I stopped taking bc pills (tri-sprintec) in may, I never suspected them as the culprit.
    A very short time - only a few days. But by then my body was protesting against the hormones with every fibre of its being, so...

However, changes in your body can take up to 3 months to show in your hair, and I'd been stressed for months. So it could indeed be the bc pills.

I know that some people get a fall shed for no apparent reason every year, though.
    Finally embracing what nature gave me

Can I have waist length hair for Christmas?