Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from South Africa!

Length
    58cm/60/60
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Hello from South Africa!

Hi everyone, I have been reading LHC for a while now and finally decided to join! I am on a journey to grow my hair to knee length and I knew that this would be the right place to be.
    Since it gets pretty hot here in SA, the average hair length for girls is between armpit and waist length. I've only seen hip length one or two times and mostly on older women. I'm not growing my hair out to get attention, but simply because I am fascinated by super long hair and I like setting myself challenges. I'm doing it for myself and I think it will be amazing to, over a few years, be able to look back at what I achieved.
    I really started growing on October 16, 2017 and almost six months down the line, my hair has grown with 8cm! (sorry I don't calculate in inches - here people always work in centimeters). I am hopeful that I will reach my first goal of a solid waist length by the end of this year and I already want to say thank you to everyone who will be supporting me on my journey.
    I am excited!

Length
    SL/WL/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Hello from South Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth E View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been reading LHC for a while now and finally decided to join! I am on a journey to grow my hair to knee length and I knew that this would be the right place to be.
    Since it gets pretty hot here in SA, the average hair length for girls is between armpit and waist length. I've only seen hip length one or two times and mostly on older women. I'm not growing my hair out to get attention, but simply because I am fascinated by super long hair and I like setting myself challenges. I'm doing it for myself and I think it will be amazing to, over a few years, be able to look back at what I achieved.
    I really started growing on October 16, 2017 and almost six months down the line, my hair has grown with 8cm! (sorry I don't calculate in inches - here people always work in centimeters). I am hopeful that I will reach my first goal of a solid waist length by the end of this year and I already want to say thank you to everyone who will be supporting me on my journey.
    I am excited!
    Welcome here, we all started writing here because we felt this was the place to be!
    Wow that's fast growth!
    Can't wait for the pics, good luck!
    Last edited by zanelle; March 26th, 2018 at 09:34 AM.

Length
    58cm/60/60
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Thank you!
    I'm still working on uploading photos to my computer, so I will post them soon.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Knee is a lofty goal to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth E View Post
    I am excited!
    My advice? Take it slow, and one milestone at a time. Often you experience that there are milestones that "appear" to be limits to you and you might not want or care to grow further - and that's OK too. To me it's all about manageability over everything, but that is different for everyone as well.

Good luck on your journey!
    & Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    58cm/60/60
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Thanks for your advice, that is exactly what I'm doing. I reached my first goal of BSL pretty quickly (my hair was at APL to start with) and I'm currently a little past MBL. Hoping to reach WL by October this year, then looking for hip next year and so forth. Baby steps, yes.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hi, and welcome! Enjoy all the stages and lengths of growing your hair to knee length
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    58cm/60/60
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Hi, and welcome! Enjoy all the stages and lengths of growing your hair to knee length
    Thank you! And by the way, your hair is lovely.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Thank you! My hair was a little below my shoulders when I joined the LHC Everyone here is a wonderful inspiration!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/F/ii

Hi, Elizabeth and good growing!