Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To fringe or nah?

Length
    20/26.5/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default To fringe or nah?

Hey so cutting is the opposite way I want to go in general but Ive been toying with rhe idea cutting a small fringe, nothing thick and heavy just something small to gove me to play with and sweep to the side as it grows just to keep my mind off the majority of my hair so I dont touch it.

Ive had them in the past and sometimes love it sometimes regret it.
    I want to think about it seriously before i commit.

Any thoughts or comments especially in regards to growing in general? Has anyone done it then regretted losing some length or is it a good distraction?

I have layers from my ears to past my shoulders so I already have a choppy body of hair to grow out and even up down the track.

Any advice opinions and past experiences welcome!

Length
    Chin/BSL/Class
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: To fringe or nah?

Unless you want all of your hair to be the same length, I say go for it (except if the times you regret it were a lot). When it grows out, it can become face framing pieces, and after that, not very noticable.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by _janne91_ View Post
    Ive had them in the past and sometimes love it sometimes regret it.
    I want to think about it seriously before i commit.
    If you have hair that gets oily fast, remember you might have to wash them separately in between washes - not so fun!

Besides that, it's up to you. It's about what you want in the end.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Do you have cow licks or kiss curls? I have these and they are pain in the bum in the fringe area. You cut a fringe & they jump up way more than the rest of the hair, so you have to chop the rest of the fringe shorter to even it out. Even then I have to hair dry & style it every morning or accept that my fringe has a big wonky gap in. If you have cowlicks I'd say don't bother unless you're going for a real thick and heavy fringe that weighs em down.
    If not, s'up to you, whatever tickles your fancy. You can buy clip on blunt bangs and side bangs off ebay etc Useful 1. If you want a non committal fringe and can back to long hair at any time 2 if you want to see how it might look before you actually do it. In then end - its just hair and hair grows.

Length
    Chin/BCL/Class
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If you have hair that gets oily fast, remember you might have to wash them separately in between washes - not so fun!
    *snip*
    This, in spades. I always forget this, and I hate it! I usually only have a week of enthusiasm about bangs, afterwards I get frustrated.
    So I'd advise against it, but of course, it's your choice! You're the Tony Blair of your hair.
    Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    On my way to classic! **Proud Member of The Creepy Creepers Cult**

I say go for it. You can always spritz them with dry shampoo. Have them angles so they can be sides wept or put back. I get my hairdresser to cut my bangs so I can either sweep them to the side or leave them as a full fringe.

Length
    CBL+/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

I think that a fringe is a good way to change your hairstyle without changing the lenght. I love them and I think they look very cute, especially those see-trough ones because they are easyto style when growing out.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

When I last had bangs, I found I couldn't moisturize my forehead without them looking greasy. My skin was soooo dry, and I still had to wash the things frequently.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Getting a fringe helped me a lot while growing out layers. Mostly during the weird stage between shoulder and APL. So if you like yourself with bangs, go for it.

Length
    chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Not for me, at least. I have a cowlick there and they get oily very quickly. I like the way they look on other people though.
    Lady Vallena, Duchess of The Land Of Passion Flowers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip -Tailbone - Classic