Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

color oops didn't remove my henna either and I did two treatments. It did lighten it by a shade but it really wasn't worth the smell. I wasn't damaging but it did dry my hair a bit, extra condition and leave in fixed it right up.

Length
    Mbl/Class/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Thank you ladies I did a strand test for 2 hours today and....nothing. It looked exactly the same so I don't think it's going to work for me sadly I really want to get rid of the red!

Hi ladies!!!!!!
    I am so grateful for this thread!!!! same story as most...I wanted to go natural way and did henna, then henna+indigo 3-4-5 times in total within several months, stopped any henna-indigo 4-5 months ago as it almost matched my hair color...Before that I was always bleached blonde. I got a dark colour and now I want to go back to blonde or a natural sandy blonde, my real hair colour is medium to dark brown I guess.... I got so much success with B4! One application and it got SO much lighter. I hope I can post pictures in my first post here......
    I used to wear clip in hair sometimes so in my pic you see what I went from (my indigo was similar dark colour) to this light colour in 1 application! I was washing out for a loooong time!! It was worth it!!!
    My question: what do I do now? I think to apply colour B4 again with a week break from the first time and see...Maybe in 1-2 weeks I could use a semi permanent colour? I am afraid to make a mistake. Or maybe apply bleach highlights? Or maybe after 2nd or 3rd Colour B4 my hair will lose more of henna and become more cool or at least not a reddish tone and I won`t need anything?

My hair indigo-henna recently before I used Colour B4...after 5 honey treatments, it lightened up a bit.
    http://s017.radikal.ru/i429/1612/4f/39dc61517475.jpg

This is daylight iphone photo after using Colour B4 last week:
    http://s46.radikal.ru/i111/1612/eb/a37b0330c7e3.jpg

This is after Colour B4 compared to my clip ins hair under artificial light, it is NOT so range in day light:
    http://i057.radikal.ru/1612/d4/4f06532f0c66.jpg

This is what I used to have and I want this hair colour back so bad:
    http://s48.radikal.ru/i122/1612/b7/861d75a18f0e.png

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

^ Great that you had such success, Sasha911 ColourB4 is wonderful, that's always been my experience too!

But IMO your hair colour now is much more beautiful than any artificial "bleached" blonde could be So I'd leave as it is, or then try another B4 treatment in a week or two, if you really want to go lighter. And if the colour is too brassy for your liking, maybe try a silvery/blue based toner (not peroxide-based, of course, as that's not recommended after using ColourB4). But of course it's your decision
    Last edited by Rosetta; December 21st, 2016 at 06:13 AM.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm glad the Color B4 has worked so well for you, sasha911!

I would strongly recommend that you do stand tests before bleaching or using any light colored box dyes. Indigo has a strong tendency to make green tones when products with peroxide are used on it, and it would be better to learn if it will do this on a hairball rather than on your head.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    1b/M/ii

After reading through the whole thread I'm curious if it would be a good idea to not let them dry after washing Color B4/ Color Oops out for 30-45 minutes but oil them deeply, with the goal to not let the hair reoxidise and let the oil get even more henna/ indigo out for some hours till finally washing it out.

Any objections?

I'll propably try it out on saturday and come back with some pictures.

I just now joined the forum to share my recent Colorfix/ColorOops experience, because my hair seems to reoxidize in an odd way-- when I begin rinsing, it's a medium golden-blonde (no red!!) but as soon as I start shampooing about 15 minutes in, it immediately starts turning back to orange again.. Why is this? There was no trace of red until I shampooed. This has happened 2 times in a row. I know reoxidizing will happen in some way regardless, but I haven't read of it happening in this particular way (pure blonde to orange again).

(Background on my hair: I've been putting Mehandi henna over my ash-blonde hair for 5+ years now, usually once or twice per year.
    So, I began with a light, warm red henna color that I had lightened slightly with a very diluted bleach cap a couple months prior. There was also some faded boxed auburn chemical dye beneath it from a couple months ago, but I'm pretty sure it had faded from my hair completely)

First I did Colorfix (left on 3 hours under many layers of saran wrap, and rinsed 30 minutes). The henna lightened 2 shades (looked light strawberry-blonde under the saran wrap), and I had minimal reoxidizing. Actually, I never see any more darkening or color changing after drying, as others seemed to.

A week later I did Colorfix again; it lightened even more, and there was almost no red when I began rinsing it out-- it looked to be a uniform medium golden blonde--but upon shampooing, it went back to orange (dark orange when wet, and a pale orange/dark strawberry blonde when dry).

And today I used Color Oops Extra Strength, and the exact same thing happened. Upon removing the saran wrap it was an even lighter golden blonde than before, NO red (I looked and looked) and then, 10-15 minutes into rinsing.. dark orange. I was certain it would at least stay mostly blonde, even if it darkened! But, as mentioned, it just went to orange once I put shampoo (Suave coconut) in... Is this normal? Now it's mostly dried and it's the same pale orange/dark strawberry blonde it was before I applied the Color Oops earlier today. If I were to skip shampooing (I know that's probably not recommended..) could I avoid the orangeness at all..? I do also use V05 strawberries & cream conditioner at the end of the rinsing process, but it never got more orangey or dark during/after that.

I have some Wella T18 hair toner lying around; would this help? My natural hair color is a medium ash-blonde. (So my roots are ash blonde, but not the rest of my hair). I'm not sure what effect a toner would have if there is still henna left in my hair. Photo:

The Color Oops also felt much more drying and damaging than the Colorfix; I noticed a LOT of breakage after drying.

I'm now trying decide whether to bleach and tone or to just dye a light ash brown... (I partially bleached out henna in the past, years ago, but it required 40 volume bleach. I have very resilient and fast-growing hair, so it's doable, but I don't know.)
    My roots are a disaster, because they're a pale bleach-blonde with ash-blonde patchy areas (I had dyed them a boxed ash-blonde to fix the banana yellow color from the aforementioned mild bleach cap, but I accidentally got Color Oops on my roots this time so it completely removed my corrective dye job.)

im going to be trying this in a week on my 1years worth of henna. I have read the whole thread and am going to re-read it this week. Those who have attempted it, what would you top piece of advice for me be?

Length
    pixie/2/29
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by lastnite View Post
    I wonder if you could do a mermaid soak instead..running water for 30 minutes seems like such a waste.
    I don't think that would provide great results. The point is to rinse away the color and chemicals. If you do a soak, you're basically marinating it in everything that's on your hair, including the color you're trying to get rid of.

Length
    pixie/2/29
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
    I just now joined the forum to share my recent Colorfix/ColorOops experience, because my hair seems to reoxidize in an odd way-- when I begin rinsing, it's a medium golden-blonde (no red!!) but as soon as I start shampooing about 15 minutes in, it immediately starts turning back to orange again.. Why is this? There was no trace of red until I shampooed. This has happened 2 times in a row. I know reoxidizing will happen in some way regardless, but I haven't read of it happening in this particular way (pure blonde to orange again).

(Background on my hair: I've been putting Mehandi henna over my ash-blonde hair for 5+ years now, usually once or twice per year.
    So, I began with a light, warm red henna color that I had lightened slightly with a very diluted bleach cap a couple months prior. There was also some faded boxed auburn chemical dye beneath it from a couple months ago, but I'm pretty sure it had faded from my hair completely)

First I did Colorfix (left on 3 hours under many layers of saran wrap, and rinsed 30 minutes). The henna lightened 2 shades (looked light strawberry-blonde under the saran wrap), and I had minimal reoxidizing. Actually, I never see any more darkening or color changing after drying, as others seemed to.

A week later I did Colorfix again; it lightened even more, and there was almost no red when I began rinsing it out-- it looked to be a uniform medium golden blonde--but upon shampooing, it went back to orange (dark orange when wet, and a pale orange/dark strawberry blonde when dry).

And today I used Color Oops Extra Strength, and the exact same thing happened. Upon removing the saran wrap it was an even lighter golden blonde than before, NO red (I looked and looked) and then, 10-15 minutes into rinsing.. dark orange. I was certain it would at least stay mostly blonde, even if it darkened! But, as mentioned, it just went to orange once I put shampoo (Suave coconut) in... Is this normal? Now it's mostly dried and it's the same pale orange/dark strawberry blonde it was before I applied the Color Oops earlier today. If I were to skip shampooing (I know that's probably not recommended..) could I avoid the orangeness at all..? I do also use V05 strawberries & cream conditioner at the end of the rinsing process, but it never got more orangey or dark during/after that.

I have some Wella T18 hair toner lying around; would this help? My natural hair color is a medium ash-blonde. (So my roots are ash blonde, but not the rest of my hair). I'm not sure what effect a toner would have if there is still henna left in my hair. Photo:

The Color Oops also felt much more drying and damaging than the Colorfix; I noticed a LOT of breakage after drying.

I'm now trying decide whether to bleach and tone or to just dye a light ash brown... (I partially bleached out henna in the past, years ago, but it required 40 volume bleach. I have very resilient and fast-growing hair, so it's doable, but I don't know.)
    My roots are a disaster, because they're a pale bleach-blonde with ash-blonde patchy areas (I had dyed them a boxed ash-blonde to fix the banana yellow color from the aforementioned mild bleach cap, but I accidentally got Color Oops on my roots this time so it completely removed my corrective dye job.)
    I'm not sure if you will get the answer you are looking for, but I wanted to let you know you might have better luck getting feedback if you posted a new thread here.