Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Note: This does not appear to work for everyone. Furthermore, many notice that their henna darkens again after a few weeks. Like most henna removal methods, individual success varies greatly, so proceed accordingly.

REMOVED. Not lightened or bleached in any way. I have my virgin hair. I used a method that a member here with the handle, jojo, has also had success with, and I would like to share my part of the story.

I by no means have any of the scientific facts to make of these claims but if I had to GUESS the factors that could affect the level of success in this method:
    1. Age of henna (how long you’ve had hennaed hair).
    2. Layers of henna applied.
    3. Lawson content.

Now, the process:
    I did this four times over a period of time I was comfortable moving forward with. It is gradual, time consuming, and a bit labor intensive but if you REALLY want to remove henna you may just want to do this.

1. I used Color Oops Extra Strength (Color B4 in UK) and instead of leaving it on for the directed 20 minutes I left it on for 3 hours under the cap provided, another shower cap, and a towel. (Jojo used a heated cap).

2. Next I rinsed for 30 minutes. This is key. Color Oops works by shrinking the dye molecules so rinsing them away is necessary and the longer the better. I broke the rinsing in “two parts.” I rinsed for 15 minutes, then I shampooed, then I rinsed for 15 more minutes.

Now, if this amount of time sounds crazy (it is); here is what I recommend.

-Shave. Shave everything you normally shave. (while keeping your head in the stream of the shower of course).

-bring in 30 minutes worth of music or a radio and belt it out in the shower.

-if you have trouble standing for that long in the shower due to physical needs or sheer boredom I recommend a shower stool. I sat in the shower on a stool, pondered life, and sang some tunes.

3. Condition with a no-cone conditioner. Jojo reported re-darkening when using -cone conditioner. This is no problem for me since I avoid –cones like the plague anyway. But for –cone heads I would pick up a very hydrating no-cone conditioner such as Garnier Fructise Triple Nutrition of Tresseme Naturals Aloe and Avocado to use after the treatment and for a few days after as well. Then you may return to –cones to your heart’s content. The rinsing will dry your hair out considerably so give your hair a nice deep conditioner soak and rinse.

4. Do a honey treatment. This will further pull some of the color out but it help re-condition your hair, too. The dilutions can be found in the honey thread and I also recommend using cinnamon as a booster in it as this will not only help with more lifting but also help to cover up a little of the egg smell from the Color Oops even if just temporarily.

-Cons:
    I doubt it will work for everyone
    Your scalp will probably hate you for awhile
    It stinks…for a month…

Now, to the photos!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Don't get me wrong. I love myself with red hair and I think it really suited me . I'm just ridiculously low maintenance and root touch ups are not something I'm willing to do. Besides, I find the golden (with a hint of strawberry) color I have to be quite cute.
    Last edited by Anje; June 27th, 2017 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Added disclaimer.
    Well, that's one year down since pixie. I have been knighted as 'turbo grower.'

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

You look beautiful both ways! Im glad this worked for you and it seams to be a very good help for those who are in the same situation and dont want to cut their hair... how many layers of henna did you have??
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I had two. One full strength with a high lawson content and another one that was half cassia. It had been hennaed for about a year. Again, I don't know how many layers or what amount of time is factor, if any, since I was my only subject.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I cannot express how happy i am for you fantastic results! I ended up putting a dye and another henna gloss on mine after removing it, but I know it is removable with this method. you have got such brilliant results and I am wooping away here!.....you certainly the henna right outta your hair!!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Bob/Bob/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

They say you marry henna but I must have a hell of a divorce lawyer.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

LOL! well even tattoo's can be removed if you use the right method!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Wow that is incredible! Thanks for sharing.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24"/24"/38"+
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Great results. I agree that your natural color is quite cute. At least there is a method to try now, though I suppose more research is in order.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

How damaged, if at all, is your hair after the lengthy Color Oops treatment?
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    nape/TBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

That is extremely impressive! Too bad I didn't know this 2 years ago, or I might have been able to keep several inches of hair.
    But congratulations on your success, and thanks for sharing!