Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisDreamer
    I wonder if removing the henna would bring back some of my waves/curls? Anyone notice reversed texture loosening so to speak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet_Heart View Post
    I'm also curious about this.
    My hair has been way curlier lately...hmm...it could be from this. It's been much curlier than my siggy the past 4 washes.
    My old texture was super curly and the henna did make my hair a bit looser.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

Originally Posted by ThisDreamer
    I wonder if removing the henna would bring back some of my waves/curls? Anyone notice reversed texture loosening so to speak?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarlet_Heart View Post
    I'm also curious about this.

My hair has been way curlier lately...hmm...it could be from this. It's been much curlier than my siggy the past 4 washes.
    My old texture was super curly and the henna did make my hair a bit looser.
    Just did a color Oops, Left it on for an hour then rinsed for about 15-20 min. Definitely lighter and I'm already seeing some curl revival (though my black underneath looks untouched, a black chem dye then an indigo, which is fine by me). Where my bangs had an almost flat ironed look they are now turning out and almost curling at the ends. I think i'll give it a couple days and do another, then possibly repeat the process before redoing the henna with a curl preserving theory.

Length
    sl/Waist/Hip

As far as the smell i really didn't find it that bad.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I didn't find the smell of first Oops treatment that bad, either, it smelled pretty much like a perm while on, and rinsed off fairly quickly. The second treatment, however, was much worse - stunk much worse while on, and continued to stink for at least a week afterward, despite daily CO washings. And I used the exact same kind, extra strength both times. I'm hoping they don't get cumulatively worse, or nobody'll wanna be anywhere near my dog-fart-smelling head!

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm back with the results.

I had to use two full bottles of colour B4 for my hair, left in on for plusminus 2.5 hours and then rinsed for 40 minutes. The smell was not as bad as I expected it to be, honestly.

The pictures make it look like not even the tiniest bit of henna came out of my hair, but it really did. I am now a lovely bozo the clown orange in direct daylight. (I hope it will tone down a bit, but if it does not I can handle it as well). I love that some parts of my hair are truly strawberry blonde again
    Left is before, right is one day after treatment:

What I am the most happy about is the amount of henna pulled from the roots:

I will do another treatment soon to see how much of the color I can get rid of. After that, I'll visit a hairdresser (I know one that actually has experience with henna!) and ask if there is any possibility of matching my color at least a bit to my roots, so I won't need to dye any more (already did strand tests, my hair can handle regular dye). I wouldn't care if the lower half of my hair stays red, as long as I won't have to dye it any more.

Will post updates, to be continued...
    Last edited by vamq; April 9th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

vamq, the roots sure do look lighter. by a lot.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

And here is a picture of those roots in daylight.

I am content about the amount of henna lifted from here, but centainly not about the neon orangy-yellow my hair is now. I'm planning on doing another treatment soon.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vamq View Post
    And here is a picture of those roots in daylight.

I am content about the amount of henna lifted from here, but centainly not about the neon orangy-yellow my hair is now. I'm planning on doing another treatment soon.
    You have beautiful hair regardless of the color!
    I'm seriously considering doing this myself now. I've been doing honey treatments (13 so far) which have definitely lightened it up, and yesterday I did my second Sun-In session (with my hair smothered in coconut oil)
    Still way too red (though lighter and brighter) and I'm so sick of seeing red hair when I look down at myself!
    Still love it on other people, just not me!
    I think. after waiting a few weeks after the Sun-In, I might try the colorB4. I'm nervous about it though...

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

With my hair, it never settled out of the 'holycrap neon henna orange' even after the roots cooled off from the Oops. But I'm a pretty light blonde naturally, and I have YEARS of henna stain built up.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    short/tlb/long
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I used color B4 last sunday, and my hair is still neon bright orange. It didn't tone down even the tiniest bit.
    I had henna on my hair for 1.5 years.
    Don't think I'll do another color B4. My hair really hates it! It has never been this dry. I literally soaked it in olive oil, which is normally my last resort for dry hair, and even that didn't bring it back to it's original state.

So I asked my hairdresser if it was possible to get a colour that matches my roots at least a bit more than this neon orange so I don't have two-toned hair (to each their own, but personally I don't like it, especially because my own color looks almost gray compared to the henna! And I would really hate to see that two toned head of hair every day for at least the next two years).

He told me that he has worked with henna for 7 years, and that it is practically impossible to get it out of my hair completely after such a long time (so I figured, I didn't expect any miracles, lol). However, he tried a few things with test strands (that he cut from my hair), and thinks he'll be able to get me back to a color that matches my roots (a blonde color between level 7 and 8 ). The bad part is that I'll probably end up with BSL length hair, but that's okay. I need a new start anyway, and if that is without having to dye my hair every couple of weeks I would be delighted