Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

I am tempted to give this method a go- I love my dark hair- but I really struggle with indigo sticking on the first few applications. Indigo sticks fine to my roots if I use sulphate free shampoo- but my Neeli Oil and Sulphate shampoo that I use ocasionally loosen the colour loads so I end up with red-brown roots which I hate. I prefer my own ashy natural hair to the reddish roots. Also my ashy regrowth blends well with black hair but the red roots do not. Chemical dye was so much easier than this- feels like Im having to do indigo every few weeks. The problem with chemical dye is that it is damaging and the colour builds up so darkly- perhaps I could just touch up my roots with semipermanent colour after a coconut oil soak? Do you girls think this could work?? Im wondering if I would need to remove the indigo first with colour ooops? or should I just go the chemical route?

Length
    Jaw/BSL/WL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

A lady at the salon said that I need to re dye my hair after using colour oops. Is this right?
    *SHL*APL*BSL* WAIST*

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie_holms View Post
    A lady at the salon said that I need to re dye my hair after using colour oops. Is this right?
    Not really...Unless you came out with a bad color that was too brassy and needed toned down or neutralized. Maybe she just wanted you to come see her :]
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    1/2/10
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Have you tried using vitamin c.???
    I was able to remove up to three levels of color with crushed vitamin c...mixed with conditioner
    Left it on wet hair...for over an hour seran wrapped..and sat in the sunlight
    I did this three times...about four days apart
    My starting color was almost black...pixie cut
    I just got tired of henna and indigo...and at the end had a reaction to indigo
    Once i got to the lighter shade
    I went to the hairdresser...she lightenned it...without bleach??.not sure what she used
    But she said it was the best she had...expencive...its a corrective thing..color corector???
    I was there for three hours
    And walked out with shorter hair...but blonde!!
    I am not encoraging anyone go my route....but u can look up vit c lightenning

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mymagicfairy View Post
    Have you tried using vitamin c.???
    I was able to remove up to three levels of color with crushed vitamin c...mixed with conditioner
    Left it on wet hair...for over an hour seran wrapped..and sat in the sunlight
    I did this three times...about four days apart
    My starting color was almost black...pixie cut
    I just got tired of henna and indigo...and at the end had a reaction to indigo
    Once i got to the lighter shade
    I went to the hairdresser...she lightenned it...without bleach??.not sure what she used
    But she said it was the best she had...expencive...its a corrective thing..color corector???
    I was there for three hours
    And walked out with shorter hair...but blonde!!
    I am not encoraging anyone go my route....but u can look up vit c lightenning
    I would like to try this method- I'm quite keen actually- but I'm afraid of my hair going green! I think it's worth a strand test, though. I have heard of people getting rid of the green from lightening their indigo with other methods this way! Thanks for sharing

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I just have to say that Colour B4 really, truly works!!
    For me it didn't really remove henna, though, but everything else it did

I did my first treatment, with extra strength, a few days ago; this winter, I had bleached most of the henna out my hair (didn't know then that one could actually remove even henna with Colour B4, as the instructions say you can't!), and after that had so many different dyes (mostly semi-permanent / direct dyes) on it. I just wanted to go a bit lighter, was actually curious to see what colour I'd get with it
    Thanks to this thread, I kept the stuff on for much longer than instructed, about 1 h 40 min, and under a disposable shower cap (though I always reuse them) & turbie towel. Imagine my surprise when after the rinsing stage my hair was actually blonde! Well, due to the henna the ends and lengths were still a bit orange/very golden blonde, but still. This stuff does miracles!

So, many thanks to this thread and Mairead!!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandria View Post
    I would like to try this method- I'm quite keen actually- but I'm afraid of my hair going green! I think it's worth a strand test, though. I have heard of people getting rid of the green from lightening their indigo with other methods this way! Thanks for sharing
    I've done 2 rounds of the B4, and most, but not quite all, of the henndigo has gone. I have a greenish tinge on the previously lightened ends - not too bad, but I would like it gone. So I'll definitely be trying the crushed Vit C powder.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie_holms View Post
    Most people dye after using color remover because the color remover takes out the dye, but leaves you with whatever lightened color the dye originally gave.

In other words, many dyes use peroxide to lift, plus color to deposit. When you take away the deposited color, you're left not with your natural shade, but your natural shade that has been processed with peroxide. For many people, that means a pinkish or orange-ish color.

Note: When people do use permanent color over color remover, usually they're told to choose at least a shade lighter than what they're going for, because after color remover, the hair is much more porous so colors tend to come out much darker than intended.

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I have some Extra Strength Colour B4 on order from the UK. I really, really hope it works well and doesn't give me green or fried hair.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandria View Post
    I have some Extra Strength Colour B4 on order from the UK. I really, really hope it works well and doesn't give me green or fried hair.
    Fried I'm sure you won't get (it didn't damage my hair in any way), and green is very unlikely, too