Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

My hair is still feeling very, very dry and kind of coated after doing the Color Oops on Sunday, so I've loaded it up with conditioner and some of nightshade's panacea balm on the very ends and I'm letting it sit overnight. My henna does not appear to have re-oxidized, but thankfully I can report that my virgin haircolor has settled down to its normal shade, and does not appear crazy light like it did the first few days afterwards. I do think I will do another round, but I am definitely waiting until my hair feels normal again.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I did it about a week ago but it was very very ugly orange and so uneven. I could have worked with it but I was just tired of having it on my hair for hours. Also...I had to get it to look decent by the next morning for work. I ended up using some color I had and it went pretty dark. I just decided I'm going to go back to having black hair My hair feels alright I guess. Totally NOT as good as it felt before but oh well. Henna was getting old and I was not getting the color i wanted at all
    Taking an LHC break.

Length
    21 in/29 in/hip?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm probably going to do the Color Oops today since I have the house to myself. Can anybody think of any reason I shouldn't do an SMT immediately after all that rinsing? If I can take having stuff on my head for that long, that is...

Length
    21 in/29 in/hip?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Also, does the Oops make the hair more porous, or is that the result of previous coloring (with the assumed conventional dye) and then removal? I guess I'm wondering if I'm going to need some protein treatments afterwards?

Has anyone tried protein treatments afterward? Did it seem to help the hair go back to its usual condition?

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by heatherovka View Post
    Also, does the Oops make the hair more porous, or is that the result of previous coloring (with the assumed conventional dye) and then removal? I guess I'm wondering if I'm going to need some protein treatments afterwards?

Has anyone tried protein treatments afterward? Did it seem to help the hair go back to its usual condition?
    I didn't, but my hair was fine after. To me it's the rinsing, not the product that caused issues. I just deep conditioned right after.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    21 in/29 in/hip?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thanks, cheetahfast. I just finished the Oops and am sitting with an SMT in right now, so obviously I'll try that first and see if it gets me somewhat back to normal. As I was rinsing/shampooing/rinsing I could tell my hair was veeeery unhappy. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was so squeaky, terribly tangly, and stripped of EVERYTHING.
    My roots, which were henna-free, are also crazy light blond-red. That is a little freaky, but at least I know it should oxidize back to the right color. In general my hair looked light orangy-red. Keep in mind I didn't have a ton of henna in my hair and very little red in it naturally, so I do hope that settles too.
    And a side note, I used my spin pins to bun my hair with the Oops in it. Now they are all gross, with the paint coming off and there was probably a reaction with the metal and Oops chemicals. So be careful with that! I hope I don't have any strange spots in my hair as a result.

I'm looking forward to seeing my hair when I rinse out the SMT and it's all dry. I honestly don't know how much the henna had darkened it, so I'm curious if it will be a big change or not.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and the smell was quite tolerable. It does smell like salon chemicals, and not nearly as bad as I feared. I expect it will linger for a while, but I may be the only one able to smell it.
    Last edited by heatherovka; January 26th, 2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: adding something

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

My ends seemed kinda coated and left residue on my TT the morning after. (This could easily have been from me leaving in more conditioner than usual, because the ends were tangling crazily while I rinsed, though the tangling seems to indicate that I already had some gunk stuck on there.) So I oiled up the hair, and that night I shampooed with some baking soda mixed in to really really clarify and followed with a soak in some conditioner & honey. My ends are much better now, but the whole incident seems to suggest that you really need to shampoo the Color Oops out afterward.

My hair doesn't seem to have any odor to it, but my bathroom kinda does. I probably dripped some on the counter.....
    Last edited by Anje; January 26th, 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    21 in/29 in/hip?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Hair is dry and I'm really not sure what I think. It still has a significant orangy tint, which is now brighter - I was hoping it would be easier to remove glosses. Overall my hair is lighter. It almost seems like it lightened my natural color underneath the henna, and left the henna alone. (I don't think this could be possible, but that's how it looks right now.)

I don't think I'll repeat the process. I'm a little disappointed because it didn't seem to work as well for me. Maybe in the next few days the color will settle and I'll be happier with it.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

My natural color was pretty "OMG, WTF did I just do!" looking for the first 48 hours or so. It's settled down to I think my natural color, but my natural color is so freaked out from the medication, I don't know and I don't care.

Coating - I shampooed it out and I haven't noticed any coatings or anything. The last shampoo, it was a PITA to get out because my ends were so tangled up, but got it out and drenched my head in the SMT for close to 24 hours. They aren't great, but they don't feel like chemical damage, they just feel dry.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Good report, MandyBeth.