Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Thanks, you guys.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Just curious - how long did everyone henna BEFORE trying this? I am considering this, but I have three years' worth of henna applications on my hair, mostly root apps but I did a full head mudding a few times a year, too. I'd hate to commit to this rather unpleasant sounding process if all I will accomplish is drying out my hair.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDog View Post
    Just curious - how long did everyone henna BEFORE trying this? I am considering this, but I have three years' worth of henna applications on my hair, mostly root apps but I did a full head mudding a few times a year, too. I'd hate to commit to this rather unpleasant sounding process if all I will accomplish is drying out my hair.
    I have about a year worth of hendigo on my ends, graduating backward in time up to the roots, which I last dyed about a month and a half ago.

ETA: The bottom half of my length is hendigoed, both two-step and one-step, around four or five times. After that, in gradiations (since I was doing roots-only), every inch or so is probably two to three two-step hendigoing.
    Last edited by GlennaGirl; January 13th, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Good question, I'm also wondering...

I have 2.5 years and something like 10 coatings of full henna /katam on my hair... And it helped so much with the damage I had back then that I'm scared I could discover the damage under there if I get the henna out... lol

Watching this thread ... and patiently growing my henna out for now ...

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I, too, have started growing mine out. I get a lovely color with henna, and I have no regrets at all, but if it is truly possible to remove even some of the henna from my hair to ease the growout, I'm interested in seeing what I can achieve... as long as I am not sacrificing the condition of my hair in the process.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    27 in/27 in/34 in

I have had henna on my hair since summer time of this year, dyed 3 times. Around July or August. After I used color oops my hair turned kind of a copper color. Not the dark strawberry blonde I thought it was :P

ETA: Oops, I mean last year. It's not 2011 anymore xP

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

I henna'ed once in October 2011 with strawberry blonde rusalki from Nightblooming, I believe it was not pure henna.

Then I used buxus/indigo maybe 8-10 times over it, since it kept washing out and fading. My last one was in mid December 2011.

I used the color oops on Monday, and it worked really well, however I think since I had a brown demi done in a salon over my hair last January it helped the stuff get pulled out easier. My hair is about the color it was before I henna'ed, maybe a bit lighter. The demi still remains a bit since I had super blonde hair underneath it.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cheetahfast View Post
    I henna'ed once in October 2011 with strawberry blonde rusalki from Nightblooming, I believe it was not pure henna.
    If by "pure henna" you mean 100% henna, then no it wasn't. It is, however 100% herbal without any chemicals in it, as listed in the description:

Ingredients: Cassia Obovata, Chamomile, Henna, Ginger & Herbal Blend (Powdered horsetail, yellow dock, burdock, marshmallow root, aloe, chamomile, hibiscus, and nettle)

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    If by "pure henna" you mean 100% henna, then no it wasn't. It is, however 100% herbal without any chemicals in it, as listed in the description:

Ingredients: Cassia Obovata, Chamomile, Henna, Ginger & Herbal Blend (Powdered horsetail, yellow dock, burdock, marshmallow root, aloe, chamomile, hibiscus, and nettle)
    Yes I meant the bolded! I knew there weren't any chemicals.
    Thanks for posting the ingredients.

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Question for anyone who's done this who also has some gray: Have you gotten the grays all the way back to silver, or do they stay a bit stained?

2011 was a year from he11 for me, in terms of stress. I've got about an inch of roots and was noticing last night that the silvers are starting to come in thick and fast, and I'm blaming all the crazy situations. At least they're pretty sparkly things.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!