Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviadyanna View Post
    Has anyone had any success using decolour by Scott Cornwall? I am trying to decide if it is worth buying and will make any difference. I have not heard as many people using it as people using Colour Oops. I have one layer of henna on virgin hair and need some advice on where to start on removing it. I’ve had this henna for about 2 weeks now 😬 major regret
    Following on from my replies above - the Scott Cornwall did work for me.. the same as the colouroops.. similar results.. it's a good quality product in this line.

You need to rub the mix into the hair - don't just apply it.. rub it in.. blast a hair dryer at it as you do.. I did this over and over... this is how I started to make a difference to the colour.. the Scott Cornwall doesn't require as much rinsing as the colouroops (which we cannot get in Australia).

The Jobaz decolour is harsher.. and works VERY well.. but it is HARSHER!! You take a risk when you use it..(or any of these products depending on the condition of your hair) that your hair will break... I never left the jobaz on for over an hour (they say you can leave it on 60 mins) BUT it still broke and frazzled my hair after a few uses - Probably because I had been over doing it with the Scott Cornwall before I moved to the Jobaz. Simply - I overdosed in desperation..

Trust me.. I KNOW how you feel.. I cried and went through major distress with the henna on my hair.. I wept.. hated it.. I label it as the BIGGEST mistake of my life! And I've had an NDE from illness so that's a pretty big statement... so I understand you have to get it out or at least improve the colour for your own sanity.. all I would say is if you go on this route..GO SLOW...BE CAREFUL.. one use may not make a massive difference.. I had to use these products over and over.. In my experience.. they are all similar.. with the jobaz being slightly stronger I think... aside from that, not much difference between.. so don't stress over which to use so much..

Try the Scott Cornwall first.. it is more gentle on the hair apparently (according to his publicity). Rub it into the cuticle... follow the instructions.. apply heat.. and condition VERY well after washing.. I got all the henna out through CONTINUED and long term use of these products over quite a few weeks.

All I can say in warning, is that once your hair starts to break.. and thin.. and frazzle.. you will start to wish you could have the Henna back and healthy hair.. so be warned.. if you take my advice, use something like olaplex in between if you go to town on these products..

Getting henna out this way costs money... I doubt one use will be enough.. but maybe it will improve it enough so you can live with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Cate36 View Post
    Following on from my replies above - the Scott Cornwall did work for me.. the same as the colouroops.. similar results.. it's a good quality product in this line.

You need to rub the mix into the hair - don't just apply it.. rub it in.. blast a hair dryer at it as you do.. I did this over and over... this is how I started to make a difference to the colour.. the Scott Cornwall doesn't require as much rinsing as the colouroops (which we cannot get in Australia).

The Jobaz decolour is harsher.. and works VERY well.. but it is HARSHER!! You take a risk when you use it..(or any of these products depending on the condition of your hair) that your hair will break... I never left the jobaz on for over an hour (they say you can leave it on 60 mins) BUT it still broke and frazzled my hair after a few uses - Probably because I had been over doing it with the Scott Cornwall before I moved to the Jobaz. Simply - I overdosed in desperation..

Trust me.. I KNOW how you feel.. I cried and went through major distress with the henna on my hair.. I wept.. hated it.. I label it as the BIGGEST mistake of my life! And I've had an NDE from illness so that's a pretty big statement... so I understand you have to get it out or at least improve the colour for your own sanity.. all I would say is if you go on this route..GO SLOW...BE CAREFUL.. one use may not make a massive difference.. I had to use these products over and over.. In my experience.. they are all similar.. with the jobaz being slightly stronger I think... aside from that, not much difference between.. so don't stress over which to use so much..

Try the Scott Cornwall first.. it is more gentle on the hair apparently (according to his publicity). Rub it into the cuticle... follow the instructions.. apply heat.. and condition VERY well after washing.. I got all the henna out through CONTINUED and long term use of these products over quite a few weeks.

All I can say in warning, is that once your hair starts to break.. and thin.. and frazzle.. you will start to wish you could have the Henna back and healthy hair.. so be warned.. if you take my advice, use something like olaplex in between if you go to town on these products..

Getting henna out this way costs money... I doubt one use will be enough.. but maybe it will improve it enough so you can live with it..
    Awesome! I really appreciate all of your advice. One more question though, should I keep it on my hair longer than the directed use like colour oops, or just use it as directed? I’ve noticed people that have left products on their hair longer have had better results. Again, thank you for replying 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviadyanna View Post
    Awesome! I really appreciate all of your advice. One more question though, should I keep it on my hair longer than the directed use like colour oops, or just use it as directed? I’ve noticed people that have left products on their hair longer have had better results. Again, thank you for replying 🙃
    At your own risk.. you can try for sure.. I only ever left mine on for an hour because I was worried about damaging my hair.. as it happens, continued usage of these products daily damaged my hair, despite me following the instructions.. A couple of other things I did, was to use camomile tea in a spray bottle with lemon juice to lighten the hair in the sun.. that really worked.. but added to the damage.. I didn't do that for long..

If I could go back in time.. I would follow the instructions.. only use once a week (I was SO desperate to remove the colour) and in between baby my hair with olaplex..

A hairdresser friend said something to me that finally got into my brain...she said, that hair in good condition, no matter the colour, always looks good.. in other words, you can remove the colour.. but if it leaves your hair in bad condition with breakage, a straw like texture, then it won't look as good as the hair you have now with the henna in and in good condition...

Length
    chin/Bsl/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Its true, I am difficient. In G6PD and the henna caused the anemia, but it took years to happen. After I used colorfix on my hair and removed it, all was better! Colorfix smells better than color oops and removed henna better for me. We are all different, for sure!
    Last edited by quendelyn; February 14th, 2020 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Succesful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Lmfao!! :d

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by doorgedraaid View Post
    Lmfao!! :d
    Oh this was supposed to be a reaction to the you must have one hell of a divorce lawyer Sorry!

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I'm trying to lighten up my hennaed hair slightly (I'm very fair toned and want a natural ginger look for my skin tone but it's too dark now), would you recommend doing this? How damaging is it for your hair?

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    That's interesting. I have Witchazel Extract laying around here. Is that what you're using? I'd be keen on giving it a try on some henna strand tests I have, if so.
    Hi Nightshade! Sorry to reply to you so late. I just haven't been checking this thread very often.

Actually, now that it's 1.5 years later, sometimes under certain lighting, my hair still looks henna red, so I can't actually say that all the henna's gone, but at least my hair color's close enough to what I think of as my natural color to keep me happy.

The witch hazel that I use is Thayer's Astringent Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Original. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thayers-Wit...cAAOSwx6pYremZ

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamazoo View Post
    Hi Nightshade! Sorry to reply to you so late. I just haven't been checking this thread very often.

Actually, now that it's 1.5 years later, sometimes under certain lighting, my hair still looks henna red, so I can't actually say that all the henna's gone, but at least my hair color's close enough to what I think of as my natural color to keep me happy.

The witch hazel that I use is Thayer's Astringent Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Original. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thayers-Wit...cAAOSwx6pYremZ
    Oh interesting! I might have to give that a go in some testing! Thank you for the link!

Length
    -/CLS/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I am doing this today with color b4 I did strand test yesterday, and it looks quite promising. Strand I picked for test was originally same shade as majority of my hair, and after treatment it is noticeably lighter and less orange. Lightness is little surprising, as it went lighter than my natural color, but I guess it will re-darken later? Color is not even nearly as ashy as my own color, it is still quite golden, but closer to the original anyway. Condition of that strand seems to be same as before treatment. It was quite tangly and coarse right after rinsing, but 10 minutes of conditioner soak did some miracles
    I probably should wait for couple of weeks to see if results last and if some damage appears later, but today is only perfect day to play with hair and stink I have in next many weeks... I don't have to go anywhere in next 3 days, and my boyfriend has a flu (not corona), so he won't suffer too much of eggy smell XD

So I may report some relusts later, if I remember.