Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: guilt free straightening hair method

It's lovely thanks for sharing.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    3a/M/ii

Ugh, I remember trying this a couple times, but I always ended up with tangles and I couldn't get it to lie smooth around my head. ^^ Too bad. I love my texture, but sometimes a change is nice. No biggie, I suppose.

This is an old thread, but I have to say this anyway -- the pictures are stunning.

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Hmmm. I've seen this method on youtube a couple of times & I'm very curious about it. Now that it has the stamp of approval here too, I might give it a shot. My question is though... Does it make the roots of your hair go flat? I have very big hair & I actually like having a lot of volume at the roots. I can imagine drying my hair like this would pull down the root and make it flat (so that I'd end up looking like a triangle with flat roots and big hair everywhere else LOL). Could anyone who has done this method let me know if that's the case?

Length
    15"/11"/18"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

I will admit I was a bit nervous about trying this since I'm African American and my hair has a way of escaping but I remembered that I have a scarf and decided to give it a try. Now its morning and I took my scarf off and not one single strand of hair came loose!! My hair hasn't dried compleatly so I'm letting it air dry before going over it with cool - medium heat!

Thanks for the thread!!!

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

For those with hair too short to get a good "swirl" going....my "technique": fresh out of the shower, use a Wet Brush to detangle after coating your hair in leave-in conditioner. Now headbang and brush your hair again. If you get any tangles, apply more leave-in. Continue to headbang. Once your hair is damp, not soaked, just give it the occasional brush while you wait for it to dry. I brush all of my hair back so it dries with more volume. My hair drinks up product, so I dont know how well this would work on finer hair.
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!