Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: guilt free straightening hair method

Default Re: guilt free straightening hair method

Wow! What a cool idea! I will try this method of straightening my naturally curly hair!

Length
    25/35/50?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

I'm quite fond of my curls and have been plopping. But this could be fun to try. A little variety.
    At the very least it should amuse my family. T-shirts wrapped on my head apparently resemble underwear...

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My hair is incredibly angry with me now after even trying to wrap it in this.

I think my hair is way too long, and it just does NOT work. I get the nastiest tangles if I manipulate my hair at all while it's wet or damp, which is not conducive to wrapping like this if I have to stop to detangle (and ruin the little bit of progress) every two seconds.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Could you wrap it while it's dry, then use a spray bottle to re-wet it, then let it dry?

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nowxisxforever View Post
    My hair is incredibly angry with me now after even trying to wrap it in this.

I think my hair is way too long, and it just does NOT work. I get the nastiest tangles if I manipulate my hair at all while it's wet or damp, which is not conducive to wrapping like this if I have to stop to detangle (and ruin the little bit of progress) every two seconds.
    You're not the only one. I think after certain length (a variable that depends on thickness) this wrap is pretty impossible. Also, I'm not sure if that's your case too, but wrapping made my hair as frizzy as it was straight. Everytime I do it (or try to air dry my hair straight in other ways) I end up regretting it.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    SL/23.5"/30"
    Type
    3c/M/C/ii

Cool! I grew up doing that! It's the best method of maintaining straight hair at night...But it does cause thinning over time if done the same direction over and over...I do this to keep my flat ironed hair fresh and smooth with a tad bit of oil.
    <--FYI, the avatar is me, just wearing a wig, my protective style of choice

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Default Holy Straight Hair, Batman!

I haven't seen my hair straight since Christmas, this is great!

I saw this thread a while back and was way to unconfidant to try it. I'm updo-challenged. But for some reason after I CO'ed last night, I decided to try this.

I parted to the side, combed hair over my head, grabbed a little more and more still, combing as I went. I got my hair all wrapped and tied a piece of fabric around it. The other part, which I believe made it a succesm was putting a tight fitting wig cap on top. I slept like that and couldn't wait to see the result.

It worked! I have not see my hair straight since the last time I used heat on it - Christmas - prior to my LHC "schooling."

I'm very happy with these results and wanted to thank the OP.

DBF wouldn't have seen until tonight, except I had to pick him up midday after a motorcycle accident (He's okay, the bike is so-so....) but before he took off his torn and bloodied clothing, he told me my hair looked amazing! and that he hasn't seen it like that in forever. He also commented about its lenght. Woo hoo!
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Holy Straight Hair, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    I haven't seen my hair straight since Christmas, this is great!

I saw this thread a while back and was way to unconfidant to try it. I'm updo-challenged. But for some reason after I CO'ed last night, I decided to try this.

I parted to the side, combed hair over my head, grabbed a little more and more still, combing as I went. I got my hair all wrapped and tied a piece of fabric around it. The other part, which I believe made it a succesm was putting a tight fitting wig cap on top. I slept like that and couldn't wait to see the result.

It worked! I have not see my hair straight since the last time I used heat on it - Christmas - prior to my LHC "schooling."

I'm very happy with these results and wanted to thank the OP.

DBF wouldn't have seen until tonight, except I had to pick him up midday after a motorcycle accident (He's okay, the bike is so-so....) but before he took off his torn and bloodied clothing, he told me my hair looked amazing! and that he hasn't seen it like that in forever. He also commented about its lenght. Woo hoo!
    i'm pleased it's worked for you.

your poor DBF , lease you came and brought a shin to the day.

this method has kept me from temptation and i actually prefer it, as it has those nice flicks which go in the right directions. it's rather cazy when it all fully dry at like 3/4am in the morning and falls down past the scarf but it's so smooth because it's layed along itself.

updated pics-

first picture was taken couple days after i did it. second picture was 12 hours after it dried.
    Last edited by rach; September 3rd, 2009 at 01:58 PM.

I tried this and it works so well! My 2c hair ended up straight-ish, with a few big waves and LOTS of volume. It looks very glamorous!

Thank you so much for posting this!!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Very interesting!