Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: guilt free straightening hair method

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: guilt free straightening hair method

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Are the issues people having because of layers, maybe?

I know that's one reason it wouldn't work for me; I'd need bobby pins EVERYWHERE for it to work properly.
    I was thinking about layers being an issue too. I would still like to try this method but I forsee a lot of frustration and fighting with my hair, lol.

Length
    3"/20"/30"
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

Okay, my lazy butt got up and linked some pictures in here. I didn't have a spectacular success, but I'm quite curly, and put a twist in mine so it looked alright to wear to work for the drying period.

In this one you can see that it fell out and I put it up without taking enough care to recomb. Oops, "permed" in curls!

And the results:

Conclusion in my blog was that I had lost an entire number category and dropped from a 3a to a 2a.
    I had no idea what to do with it! It was freaking me out just a little. DH was wowed at first, but then decided it had taken me from his fabulous wife to someone with ordinary hair. I laughed. He's mentioned liking straight hair, but I think he's gotten used to my wild curliness.

~____________________________~~____________________________~

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

I've wrapped my hair before with some fairly decent success in the past but now my hair is much too long and takes entirely too long to dry.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    chin/waist/clssc
    Type
    3a/3b/C/ii/iii

Wow. That looks really great! Unfortunately my hair can't be combed that easily.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Eek. The first time I tried this a few days ago, it went pretty well. The second and third times I tried it.. just got progressively worse.. lol

I seem to be encountering this problem where I can't comb all the hairs in the right direction to set. The outcome of not combing it 'correctly' (my hair is split a little over from the center but not quite side split) is that one side of the split line will veer towards the wrong direction and not lay as it should. I'll try to take pictures next time.

For tonight, I'm doing a variation where I'm not trying to straighten it. Rather, my hair is being pulled to the side and twisting across the top of my head.

Can't wait to see what weirdness presents itself it the mirror in the morning

Length
    10/12/30
    Type
    3c/4a/M/iii

Interesting.... I used to wrap my hair every night to keep it straight and protected under a silk scarf when I was using relaxers. I'm interested to see if it will work on my natural hair texture when it's long enough.

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Nice!

I find that after washing out oil, my hair gets straight. *shrug*
    [SIGP

I have read about "wrapping" here, but never had the visual before - thank you so much - that is very cool and to see in photo.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've tried this a few times. Once, my hair came out 1B straight, the other times it was more 1C, but it does work. An interesting effect of wrapping is that it seems to make my hair stay nice for a few days; with a similar effect to curling overnight.

Also, I get amazing volume with this, as if I'd blow dried.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't need this technique myself, but I have some friends who may be interested. Best descriptions I've seen.

If it's any help I did an article on how to tie a scarf on your hair like a WWII style turban- it's what I use when sleeping in pincurls to get hair like you're trying to straighten out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=126
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram