Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: guilt free straightening hair method

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Default Re: guilt free straightening hair method

i use a moment a bright "orange"silk scarf - very trendy looking, i'm sure (it doesn't catch or rub the hair and allows it to dry) then when i undo it my hair falls down everywhere but straight when it's dry. rollers and pins i couldn't cope with in bed sorry, scarf on my heads my limit and it don't give my neck ache. no other time i have to do my hair but a night. kids / school run ect rather occupies the rest of the day and night's best to loose my dignity anyway with only your husband looking at you oddly

note to self - must find a smaller scarf and preferably a less garish colour

Length
    0"/0"/0"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Your hair is beautiful, both wavy and straight. And you get wonderful results!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Length
    3"/20"/30"
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

Wow! I long ago vowed to never use a heat method to straighten my hair, now I wonder how well this would work for me?
    I have 3a hair, a good deal curlier than the OP. This looks like it may work best on wavies, but I think I will try it someday.
    I need a scarf!

~____________________________~~____________________________~

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

have a good brush. "tangle teazser" or i used to use a "dog brush" , don't laugh . so it smooths it flat against you head. couldn't find the brush i wanted on the shelves so had to look else where .

Length
    3"/20"/30"
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

I tried this today! I wrapped it after my shower, but couldn't get it to lie in an orderly, presentable for work fashion, so I did wind up twisting part of it and sticking some flower pins in it. It was cute, if a little odd. The twist put a bit of wave in, and I found one area on the back of my head that didn't get straightened much at all.
    It was still slightly damp 7 hours after my morning shower.
    I took it down, and my DH drooled!
    I think it took me from a 3a to a 1c/2a, somewhere in there.
    When I get home this evening I will take "after" pics and post them here. I already have some pics of how I wore it to work, just need to upload them.

I have to say, my bad ends hide a lot better in ringlets!

~____________________________~~____________________________~

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

That's lovely! I definitely will trying it.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Alright, I feel like a doofus, but I cannot figure this hair wrapping thing out. I'm on a trip out of the country, so I figured I'd use the time away from my bf to try it out. But after 40 minutes of trying, I just ended up with a bunch of knots and mats in my hair. To top it all off, the high speed internet promised by the hotel isn't so high speed after all. So I can't watch any videos on youtube or anything.

Any chance anyone could explain the process in words? It looks like I part my hair slightly off center. Then, brush one side around, gather all the hair together. Then somehow I'm supposed to magically take the hair that was laying flat on my head and brush it so it's laying flat in the opposite direction? All while keeping the hair spiraling around a center point near the top back of my head?

That part where the hair is supposed to wrap in a nice spiral is exactly where mine turned into a giant knot.

I'm sorry to be so slow with all this...I really appreciate any help.

Thanks guys!

Hekuro

Length
    18/23/TB
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii/iii

My Mom taught me this when I was sick of my curly hair- it really works for me! Though I use giant bobby pins, spaced about 2" apart.
    Actually, it never occurred to me what went on with the spiraly bit- it always looked fine after I pulled it out. hmmmm....

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

Your hair looks beautiful! My hair already dried after my shower - I suppose I'll have to try this tomorrow or the night after. Very curious..

By the way. do you think it matters what type of material the scarf is made of? I tend to stay away from silk so I suppose any smooth fabric that breathes should be okay?

I can't wait to try this!! Thanks so much for the instructions
    Almost waistlength (with lots of layers) golden blonde hair with light blonde highlights.
    Light blue eyes.

1b/f/ii