Thread: ISO: Scarves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Default ISO: Scarves

I've just been cleared to cover my hair with scarves instead of a hat at one of my side jobs so if you have any that you've been trying to get rid of, I'd love to see them!
    She's got oceans tucked away in her hair; poems swim under her skin.

Default Re: ISO: Scarves

Are you looking for a specific color? A specific style (square, rectangular, infinity, triangular, "Buff" style, narrow, wide, large, small) or material (opaque, sheer, cotton, silk, synthetic, woven, knit/jersey), or anything goes? Do you have in mind a specific style of wearing it?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Hey Kat, thanks for responding!

After posting this listing, I took a look at some websites and I suppose that the short answer is that I'm not sure... There are so many more options than I thought!

I need to cover all of my hair, and I suppose softness/breathabiility should be importand. I ordered something that has a piece of material sewn into a headband to start. That's as far as I've gotten. Today I'll be using an old infinity scarf. I guess it's probably going to be a trial and error thing.

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hiii! I wish you were closer, as I've got probably fifteen hair scarves and only wear one or two, but shipping to Canada would be cost prohibitive. I recommend checking thrift stores or second hand shops, as you can often get really nice pashminas and silk scarves for only a few dollars.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    Chin/HL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Hey -Fern! Second hand shops and thrift stores are sorely lacking in my area, sadly. I did get a few of the headband/scarf combo things, though, and they've been working well enough. Next time I'm near the city I'm planning to check out stores that are (hopefully, anyway) better stocked.

I don't know why, but there have always been hats, scarves, bandanas, and caps in my house, even though I don't really wear them because I'm afraid they might affect my hair and cause me to go bald.