Thread: Bat's 4th LHC Aniversary ( oh how time flies!)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Bat's 4th LHC Aniversary ( oh how time flies!)

hey everyone! it has been 4 years of LHC and another year with nothing to show for it, but at least I'm consistent right?

here is a photo of when I actually decided to take growing out my hair "seriously" feb 2020, before I joined LHC but this was what made me look for a hair community in the first place, I don't remember the blog I found the link on but here I am!

start 2020- end 2021 is where I managed to get the most growth I grew to shoulder, cut to chin then managed to get to CBL I did bleach, fashion colors black, split dye back to black blond and black again etc during this time got a keratin that honestly helped me get as far as I did BUT! I used Joico's cuticle binder incorrectly or something cause it destroyed it, so I was back into a pixie/buzz nightmare hell from the end of 2021 to all of 2022 and the first 4 months of 2023

I buzzed it off June 6 and moved state (Queensland to Melbourne) and decided to give Henna and Indigo a try to see if it did anything to relax my texture, spoiler alert, it didn't. I lasted 6 months without bleach three months in I got tired of the smell and effort it took to dye it that and my GLASS mixing bowl had a freak accident and somehow ended on the concrete not sure how it happened because it was in the center of a table. I took it as a sign and stopped dying it for 3 months, I admit it looked quite shiny but I only did it mainly to relax my texture so it wasn't worth it to keep using it.

I then chopped it all off and put neon pink in it I loved so much.
    No surprise it didn't last long and I buzzed it off again around November and stayed skin shaved bald for all of December

2024 arrives and I skin shaved it one last time in 14th Jan with the intention of never going back to black, I grew it for 2 months bleached it pale pearl blond, I kept my sides shaved during this time, I'm still blond after a month and still quite like it
    I still intend to never touch black dye again, I like the blond and how it contrasts with my mostly black closet, I am growing my sides out again (last shave down last friday) with the intention of playing with fashion colors without touching the majority of my hair, I plan to only bleach once every 3-4 months by a professional to reduce overlap. I'll be maintaining the back this year to give the slowest parts of my hair (fringe/bangs) time to catch up as I don't want a mullet.

and this is what my hair looks like from the back today, the blond is so pretty I love it its gonna look pretty bad in 2 more months though , lol

I'm also now aiming for bleached terminal but ultimately I'm not having a set goal anymore
    Last edited by Bat; April 8th, 2024 at 12:30 AM.
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed