Thread: The Ordinary Haircare Products

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default The Ordinary Haircare Products

I'm curious to see if anyone's tried any of the haircare products from The Ordinary! I like some of their skincare products, and was intrigued when I saw that they had expanded to have a few haircare items now, too.
    Mostly, I was interested in their Multi-peptide Serum for Hair Density and their Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA for scalp. I've used Hylaronic Acid on my scalp before, but that wasn't a haircare product! This is specifically for the scalp, so maybe it will be a more lightweight texture?

Anyway! I was just wondering to see if any LHC-ers have tried their stuff. How'd you like it, if you did?

Length
    BSL/Waist/Undef
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Ordinary Haircare Products

Reading the ingredients list, the multi-peptide serum seems gimmicky. I'd totally go for the scalp stuff, though! My favourite cleansing conditioner(not by The Ordinary) has AHA, allantoin, and niacin and I wouldn't change it for any other.

My favourite scalp care ingredients(apart from natural oils and EOs) are AHAs, niacin, niacinamide, allantoin, and hyaluronic acid.
    @morganazoric on Ig | @morganazor on TikTok

July-december 2023 benign neglect challenge(no trimming).

Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I do pretty well with AHAs provided it's not Lactic Acid (and if it's in something, it has to be waaay down at the bottom of the list or else I get a burn).

I may give the scalp serum a go, since I'm looking for something that will help with hydration.

Length
    1cm/23.5"/term
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I have both! The natural moisturizing factor + HA is really nice since I tend to have a dry itchy scalp. I would recommend dropping both onto your fingers and massaging them in instead of using the droppers directly onto your scalp because you can get a lot of greasy build up immediately if you don't. Does the hair density serum one do anything? I dunno, but I use it because I like the ingredients, like the caffeine and the plant extracts, for my dry sensitive scalp as a protective layer. If you get anything, the natural moisturizing factor + HA is a really good one if you could only get one.
    ~Buzz ☆ Shoulder ☆ APL ☆ MBL ☆ Waist ~
    time to grow grow grow

Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Thank you for the input, pumpkinsage!

My scalp is oily, but it also gets dehydrated and itchy very easily, so I'm really leaning toward checking out that natural moisturizing factors + HA serum for the time being. I'm also one of those people who simply can't forgo daily scalp washing so this would probably be a really helpful little product for me.

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

I tried the density serum and the shampoo and conditioner. The only thing I still buy is the conditioner. The serum didn't agree with my scalp (itchies, major). And the shampoo was a little too clarifying for my dry scalp, giving me flakes. The conditioner is decent. The bottle's annoying and it's easy to use too much, but honestly it works fine.

Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I'm thinking I'm going to pick up the natural moisturizing factors + HA since it's starting to get colder and a bit drier here, and hydrating is gonna be crucial.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonLady View Post
    I tried the density serum and the shampoo and conditioner. The only thing I still buy is the conditioner. The serum didn't agree with my scalp (itchies, major). And the shampoo was a little too clarifying for my dry scalp, giving me flakes. The conditioner is decent. The bottle's annoying and it's easy to use too much, but honestly it works fine.
    Hmmm...sorry to hear that the serum made your scalp react like that. At least their stuff isn't too expensive to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by cadaverinna View Post
    Reading the ingredients list, the multi-peptide serum seems gimmicky. I'd go for the hair salon winter park, though! My favourite cleansing conditioner(not by The Ordinary) has AHA, allantoin, and niacin and I wouldn't change it for any other.

My favourite scalp care ingredients(apart from natural oils and EOs) are AHAs, niacin, niacinamide, allantoin, and hyaluronic acid.
    Hi, I have been using Deciem's The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid on my hair.. and it has GROWN.. It's really formulated for the face and skin, but do you know of any products that has a strong amount of the Acid in it.. It's made my hair just