Thread: LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus

Index:
    Definitions of terms and tools
    Hairstyles in alphabetical order: A-B | C-D | E-F | G-K | L-O | P-R | S-T | U-Z
    Accents
    Braids: Part 1, Part 2
    Buns: A-C, D-K, L-P, R-Z
    Curls (Heatless)
    Other styles
    Ponytails

How to use the LHC Hairstyle Thesaurus:

This is a locked thread to be used for reference, not comment. If you have a correction or addition to make, please report the post in this thread with the error/addition so that moderators will see it. . To comment, post to Making a Hairstyle Thesaurus.

The Thesaurus uses links between posts for navigation. Each posts contain links back to this index at top and bottom of the post.

Use the find function of your browser to search for specific terms.

Style names in red lack information and will not appear in other lists until tutorials can be found or created for them. Alternate names are listed in the main list and redirect to the more common name.

You can help!
    While most styles have a link to at least one tutorial or thread/post on the style, many could use more tutorials. Some people learn visually, others from text. If you are inspired to create a video tutorial or find an existing one, add a link to Making a Hairstyle Thesaurus and report your post to notify the mods who can make the edit to this thread. If you are inspired to add a text tutorial or come across an existing one, please post it to the Text-Based Hair Tutorials thread and report your post to notify the mods who can make the edit to this thread. If you are adding an existing text tutorial that is not your own, include a link to the original post with the text.

There may be other omissions to the fields: Description , Tools, Structure, Notes, and See Also

This was a large undertaking, and undoubtedly there are errors. If you see a mistake, report it with the correction!

Note from neko_kawaii on editorial decisions:
    For styles that have multiple names I went with what I thought was currently in most common usage or was most descriptive. I tried not to include styles that were minor variations unless their named versions were widely used or usefully descriptive such as the Ammonite Bun (Cinnamon Bunned Fishtail Braid) and Rose Bun (Cinnamon Bunned Rope Braid) which are visually quite distinct from other braided Cinnamon Buns. I did not include Triple Buns (three buns) or Triple French Braids, because, really, you can figure out on your own that you can do any number of something you wish! I included links to major threads where I could.

The generic term "tool" is used instead of the more common "hair toy."

Hopefully I've build in enough space to accommodate links and the built-in post character limit. *fingers crossed*

Because members (and mods) come and go over time, it makes the most sense to place this resource on LHC even though a relational database would be a better format. Maintaining a resource off of LHC in the long-term is likely to fail. By placing the information in thread / post format within LHC, this ensures that future mods will always be able to edit and add new content.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; March 1st, 2018 at 08:56 PM.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*