Default Re: Report posts education

Thank you Flaxen.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Calista, sometimes we only get 3 to 5 reportposts in a day, and other days it seems there are twenty. If we don't reply to the reporter, it's not because we don't care or aren't grateful, it's truly that we just get swamped and forget. We're trying to be better about that, but some days it's just a banner-day and we get a LOT of little things that need tweaking and the courtesy of letting you know that we appreciate your efforts gets neglected. We honestly ARE grateful, though, and if you GOT a message back, I am sure it said just that (it's what *I* always write, the times when I've responded to a reporter, and I've seen the other mods do it in their notes, too)

As for "do you see 'reported by'?" The MODS see it, but there isn't anything on the thread, nor does anything go to the "offender". You are TOTALLY anonymous to the membership, when you report a post. And we would NEVER (and have never) told an offender, "Hey, Suzy ratted you out!" So WE know, but we never tell. If there's action required and we need to contact the "offender", we generally tell them that "it's come to our attention" or "we noticed", and they may not even know WHO spotted it, just that someone did. Us or another member? Who's to say?

I cannot answer for EVERY mod, but believe that the consensus would be that it's easier to find the problematic posts if they're reported. I personally don't come to Site Support a lot. Flaxen, on the other hand, is far more diligent than I, so she's probably on top of things here already, which means that I don't HAVE to come looking for stuff (that I'd never find)

To condense it all: we LOVE it when you report posts (for any reason at all: wrong forum, txt spk, spam or meanness) because it makes our job easier than having to search for problems to fix. You are not bothering us. We don't tell WHO tattled. Sometimes action is needed, sometimes not. Sometimes we get back to you, but please know that we DO appreciate it even if we don't tell you, and that we're trying to be better at TELLING you.

Oh Lisa, I didn´t mean to say I thought you mods ungrateful! It´s rather that when I go report something and don´t see any action taken I ask myself if it was something that should have been reported at all, or if I had been overreacting/gotten the community guidelines wrong/whatever. See, maybe I go on reporting the same kind of "offense" over and over again, and the mods say "Geez, that Calista is one troublemaker, she should read the rules more carefully" or something like that. Know what I mean?

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thanks for this thread. I'm a moderator on another board and appreciate the members reporting problems, but the 'report a post' message here did put me off using it. Pleased it's been edited.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    Oh Lisa, I didn´t mean to say I thought you mods ungrateful! It´s rather that when I go report something and don´t see any action taken I ask myself if it was something that should have been reported at all, or if I had been overreacting/gotten the community guidelines wrong/whatever. See, maybe I go on reporting the same kind of "offense" over and over again, and the mods say "Geez, that Calista is one troublemaker, she should read the rules more carefully" or something like that. Know what I mean?
    Calista, I am always very grateful when people report posts. It matters not to me what it is. As said before, there are many times when action is taken and the reporter of the post isn't aware of it. For my part, if anyone PMed me and asked what the deal was, I would be more than happy to explain and I never consider anyone to be a troublemaker if they report posts.

I really feel that I am here to help to the best of my knowledge. If that means communicating with members of the LHC, I am very happy to do that.

Thank you harpgal!