Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

What a huge difference.
    And i'm glad you got the copper you love so much back!

Length
    ???/???/30+
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Wow Nightshade....your hair looks gorgeous! It was before but it still looks great!
    avatar: tigerpixie art studio: dragonfly fairy cat
    Lady Tsun-Kyanske of the Nightstalker Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Wow Nightshade, your new color looks wonderful! I can hardly see a color difference down the length in the after pics - it's all a nice copper.

Ever since I gave up partial highlights almost a year ago I've been using sun-in to put in some subtle highlights around my face and I love the results. No noticeable damage and it only lightens my hair a shade or two - enough to brighten up my face but not look fake. If it's used right it's pretty fantastic!

January 2016

Length
    23"/32"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Wow, what fantastic results!

~ Lady Akeso of the Healing Herbs in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Wow! Nightshade your hair looks lovely whatever shade, but I love that light coppery look. Kudos on finding something that actually worked

Length
    pixie/hip/term

Your hair looks really nice! I'm glad the Sun-In was kind to you.

Length
    waist/calf/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Congratulations Nightshade! Your hair looks really nice, and the color is great! Thank you for sharing the detailed information. There are some pretty good ingredients in the Sun-In, it seems, as well as the peroxide value. I'm glad it worked for you! (o:
    Lady Bernadetta of the Fabulous Four Tops Forever Fanatics ~
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    19/19/term
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Your hair looks great! I am glad you stressed a few things in your thread:

1. Don't rush - take your time. A lot of time lightening can continue after the initial lift has taken place. You went slow and had control.

2. It worked for your color perfectly, you knew your goal was reasonable. You weren't expecting a total lift in the color.

When I was in high school, I wanted to be blonde ( ha ha ha ) I used sun-in heavily on my med-dark neutral brown hair - and I got "Hi C" o r a n g e without the depth or beauty of even the bozo-est orange Jamilla application. Then it broke off. What you describe is the smart way to sun-in! I wasn't smart about it, but that was a long time ago, thankfully.

You have a great example for those who need to tweak. Thanks!

Ktani - I have successfully reduced the purple tones of henndingo by using a heavy coconut oiling followed by a heavy cassia only pack. Coconut oil IMHO is a great way to take away henna build up and tweak color as well.

Thanks again for the great information. I love this place!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Javadandy View Post

Ktani - I have successfully reduced the purple tones of henndingo by using a heavy coconut oiling followed by a heavy cassia only pack. Coconut oil IMHO is a great way to take away henna build up and tweak color as well.

Thanks again for the great information. I love this place!
    I am happy for you that it worked to your satisfaction. Nice one! And you are most welcome.

Length
    Pixie/BSL++/Waist
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Very pretty color Nightshade! I am happy that you were able to achieve the shade you were after!
    Lady Caillech, Protector of Gaia in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    Blog Pics MY ETSY STORE: SilverHoundStudio