Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
i'm really really interested in your castor/avocado oil mix to add along to my other hair projects and routines.

how did you use it? as a scalp treatment or for your whole length? how much did you use? how often? once you washed it out, did you notice if it left your hair feeling greasy or anything?

did you notice any significant shedding when you stopped?
Hi Bene, I used this mainly as a scalp treatment - if I have a bit leftover I will "wipe" my hands in my hair, lol . While I do the scalp treatment, I usually treat my length and ends with another oil that is better suited for it - camellia, sweet almond or hemp for instance. I leave the whole for at least 30 minutes before shampooing, but if I can, I leave it in longer - sometimes overnight, but most of the time at least an hour.

I wash my hair every 6 to 8 days (the more I wear my hair up, the longer I can stretch the interval between shampoos) and no, my hair does not feel greasy at all after it's been shampooed. I can't stand greasy hair so I would wash it more often if it did feel greasy.
I do have dry hair and scalp to start with, though. This is something to take into account, but I do believe warming the mix carefully and mixing the castor oil with a lighter oil, does help.

I did not notice any more shedding *at all*, no - this does not work like Monistat

I also meant to warn everyone here - castor oil is definitely darkening, so please be aware of this if your hair is light-coloured and you like it this way.