Thread: Alba "un-petroleum" jelly

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Alba "un-petroleum" jelly

I'm tempted to put a microscopic amount of this on my hands and smooth down my ends with it. I couldn't find this product through a search of the boards.

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Link: http://www.unpetroleum.com/index.php?id=98&pid=493

Thanks

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Alba "un-petroleum" jelly

You can get a pound for 7$ plus shipping at CamdenGrey, I have always wanted to buy it, just never got around to it yet. (it isn't exactly the same but it's similar)

http://www.camdengrey.com/essential-...eum-jelly.html

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I am curious for you to try this. I have something very similar that is a baby balm and may try it. Do it and report back!
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Relentless Reenactor Fiferstone's Avatar
    Length
    18/38/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Kandee Johnson is a youtube beauty guru who swears by this stuff, she uses it to moisturize her feet and hands, I think
    Lady Marigold of the Far Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I have been using it on my hands and feet with success. I had a leftover film of it on my hands and smoothed it on the top and sides to get a nice slicked-back look with a bun today, and it looked very shiny, like the way cone serum products look. I'm sure the effect on the ends will be similar. I haven't tried it on wet hair yet--just dry hair.

As for washing it out, I usually CO, but today I found that I needed a little non-sulfate shampoo to get it out of the area where I put it. I used Avalon Lemon clarifying shampoo and it came out just fine.

I think I might really be onto something!

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SHELIAANN1969 View Post
    You can get a pound for 7$ plus shipping at CamdenGrey, I have always wanted to buy it, just never got around to it yet. (it isn't exactly the same but it's similar)

http://www.camdengrey.com/essential-...eum-jelly.html
    Hi there! Good to see you again

Thanks for the link. I think a pound would be a lifetime supply if one were using it on hair only...I used a very thin film, like what's left over after moisturizing the hands.

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I would not put it on wet hair... I imagine it would look greasy. Maybe just slightly damp hair.
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    15"/22"/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Be careful using it on your hair. It contains beeswax. I used to use a tiny bit of another beeswax olive and castor oil balm on my hair ends. At first my hair appeared to love it!!! But then like the other person - when I went to wash my hair I could feel it in there and it took me several washings to get it totally out. Also when washing it migrated further up my hairs and they looked oilier!!!

But a TINY bit works well for me when my ends are very dry. I just have to stop at a TINY bit LOL
    rats spelled backwards spells star

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    Be careful using it on your hair. It contains beeswax. I used to use a tiny bit of another beeswax olive and castor oil balm on my hair ends. At first my hair appeared to love it!!! But then like the other person - when I went to wash my hair I could feel it in there and it took me several washings to get it totally out. Also when washing it migrated further up my hairs and they looked oilier!!!

But a TINY bit works well for me when my ends are very dry. I just have to stop at a TINY bit LOL
    My concern exactly. The product seems to be mostly castor oil--which came right out with cheap conditioner for me. I think I will stick with microscopic amounts and do the very tips of the ends only. Beeswax is too heavy for the canopy hair. Straight castor oil seems fine to control any wispies around my face. Thanks for your input!