Page 1496 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 496996139614461486149414951496
Results 14,951 to 14,958 of 14958

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Quote Originally Posted by momof3mary View Post
    You and me both! I'm planning on leaving mine alone for the next three months just because I'm lazy. I doubt I ever grow longer than a pixie since every time it gets shaggy I buzz it off. Who knows though, we may grow yet Bat!
    Seeing Onsidian move on to the next thread has given me a bit of a boost! My main challenge is to not get disgusted at my color and texture for a year
    Last edited by Bat; May 18th, 2024 at 05:12 AM.

Length
    1/2/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

I don't know about the rest of you, but one of my problems is that I like the way I look with very short hair and with long hair, but I can't stand the in-between stages. And it's always easier to go shorter, of course.

I think I'd better join one of those no-trim challenges. I want to try to make it to the end of summer without touching it.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by PallasAthena View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you, but one of my problems is that I like the way I look with very short hair and with long hair, but I can't stand the in-between stages. And it's always easier to go shorter, of course.

I think I'd better join one of those no-trim challenges. I want to try to make it to the end of summer without touching it.
    Same for me even though I feel ugly buzz suits me and so does cbl but getting there Is even worse

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Personally, I feel ugly regardless of hair length so when I'm have a bad day or the depression is setting in, a hair cut or bleach is instant gratification to change my appearance.

It makes me feel better for a day or two until reality of "I'm still me" sets in. During this last grow out, I had a lot of heart to hearts with myself about why I had the desire to mess with my hair and how I would feel if I did go through with the cut/dye.

In the end, the short lived good feelings weren't worth it and I was tired of the self sabotage. There is always something about my hair I don't like. Its easier and cheap to just not like my natural color vs not liking the feel of bleached and buzzed.

I did box dye a couple weeks ago and I wish I didn't. Its a ok color but I don't like it any better than my real color and now my ends are dry. I'm sticking to vivids at my nape. It scratches that I need to do something itch without damage

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Quote Originally Posted by PallasAthena View Post

This is absolutely my problem as well. I don't really know how to get around it.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Personally, I feel ugly regardless of hair length so when I'm have a bad day or the depression is setting in, a hair cut or bleach is instant gratification to change my appearance.

It makes me feel better for a day or two until reality of "I'm still me" sets in. During this last grow out, I had a lot of heart to hearts with myself about why I had the desire to mess with my hair and how I would feel if I did go through with the cut/dye.

In the end, the short lived good feelings weren't worth it and I was tired of the self sabotage. There is always something about my hair I don't like. Its easier and cheap to just not like my natural color vs not liking the feel of bleached and buzzed.

I did box dye a couple weeks ago and I wish I didn't. Its a ok color but I don't like it any better than my real color and now my ends are dry. I'm sticking to vivids at my nape. It scratches that I need to do something itch without damage
    You are definitely not ugly, I get it though. I'm back on the fence about my hair right now. I want to grow and I want it short. I'm not working right now so there's no reason to not grow. I'm home most of the time.

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Same for me even though I feel ugly buzz suits me and so does cbl but getting there Is even worse
    You aren't ugly either! Also, your hair grows insanely fast from my perspective, you'll hit your goal. I found out that my iron level was low again, as well as my folic acid level. So my doctor has me taking prenatal vitamins that don't have iron and a half a 28 mg iron tablet along with my antidepressant. Maybe some of my thinning will fill in over time. Luckily hair loss isn't a side effect of the antidepressant I take.

Length
    1/2/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

From the pics I've seen, none of you are what I would call ugly! But I get what you are saying. For me, I don't know if it's so much about looking pretty as looking...congruent with my personal aesthetics? With super short hair, I feel like I have an androgynous, kind of edgy look, and with long hair, which I usually like without bangs and hanging loose and unstyled, I feel like it satisfies my grungey, hippie look. Basically, I'm stuck in the 90s, lol. The in-between stages look kind of awkward and the wrong kind of shaggy, at least with my hair texture.

I do get the urge to color and change up my hair a lot. I've tried to track it, and it usually coincides with stressful events where I feel like I don't have control over stuff, so I change my hair, because I have some control over that. I'm trying to buy wigs instead of mess with my own hair when that happens instead. Wigs are expensive, yes, but if time is money, they cost less than the years of growing out my hair (and less than all the hair dye to correct the other hair dye or do the roots or whatever).