Page 501 of 803 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 8030

Thread: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Mini-Milestone Thread

My hair is long enough I catch it under myself in bed pretty consistently, if it's down or braided. The real milestone is that I seem to have mostly trained myself not to toss and turn when my hair is down, somehow.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My ex-fringe is now long enough that, with the old heat damage from when it was still short and fringey and needed daily straightening, it's starting to split. At least it's nearing APL in the front so it's long enough to see properly for S&D.

The length of my hair, on the other hand, is long enough that if I sit down in bed and then roll-lean back to reach for something, my hair gets stuck under my bum. I'm within spitting distance of sitting on it for real.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Starting to practice getting my hair out of the way when I, um... use the facilities.
    Hahaha, yeah... this has suddenly become a more pressing issue for me too... I'm in indefinite maintenance mode for length, but as hem thickness fills out I'm finding my hair is wanting to get in the way more often at times when I don't want it in the way.....
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    APL/MBL72/85cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've successfully mastered the LWB-on-not-extremely-long-hair technique. It's not about length, it's about the torque and execution! I sound like a hair engineer but I watched this video a few times until I figured out where I was going wrong this whole time. Link!

Basically, I was putting the fork in along my index finger, pivoting and picking up scalp hair, and pushing it out along my thumb. This gave me very mediocre (if any) hold, and 50% of the time, my slippery hair just spit the fork out instantly.

The rock solid hold technique is pushing it in along your index finger and out where the thumb is, THEN pivoting, picking up scalp hair, and pushing through the bun. I'm sitting here pretty much head banging, and it's not budging!

I hope this is helpful to someone!!! LWB can definitely be done on short hair! Don't give up!
    Lady Maple
    Mistress of the
    Red-Leaf Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HIP

Length
    13/36/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Thank you ! I'm a lwb failure. Lol.
    My growing thread on thin hair - Cut: Sept/Oct '16 - ~25" - 30" MBL - 32" WL - 34" Hips - 37” TBL | Thickness @pony: 2.5" 2/17 - 3” 4/18” - 4.13” 3/18 Thickness @BSL: <.75" 3/17 - 7/8” 4/18 - 1.5” 3/18

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

About 2 years ago, if I put my hand behind my back underneath my length, my ends were see-through from about BSL to the hem. About a year ago the start point on see-through was around waist length. Now I'm down to about a last 4 inches of see-through ends, and those ends aren't nearly as see-through as the ones I had a BSL
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    CL/SL/APL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

This week I've been able to tie my hair back in a ponytail instead of pigtails. The layers are still loose but I can tuck them behind my ears easily. I've even put it in a short braid this morning. It's nice to know I'm making progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliciaspinnet View Post
    This week I've been able to tie my hair back in a ponytail instead of pigtails. The layers are still loose but I can tuck them behind my ears easily. I've even put it in a short braid this morning. It's nice to know I'm making progress!
    Welcome to LHC!

Good for you ~ it is an amazing feeling!

Enjoy EACH STAGE ~ happy growing

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Maybe this is not the sort of mini-milestone we are used to celebrating, but I've sort of gotten to a place where I don't really let hair stuff bother me as much. Yes, my hem is uneven... proof...

...And yes, it's shedding (a lot), and yes, it doesn't grow as fast as other people's hair...

... but it's still my hair, and it is pretty, and it is quite long. So what if it's not perfect! Who cares! It's soft and shiny and longer than I've ever had it in my life. So, if that's a mini-milestone, I'm glad to share it with you.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    Maybe this is not the sort of mini-milestone we are used to celebrating, but I've sort of gotten to a place where I don't really let hair stuff bother me as much. Yes, my hem is uneven... proof...

...And yes, it's shedding (a lot), and yes, it doesn't grow as fast as other people's hair...

... but it's still my hair, and it is pretty, and it is quite long. So what if it's not perfect! Who cares! It's soft and shiny and longer than I've ever had it in my life. So, if that's a mini-milestone, I'm glad to share it with you.
    It's beautiful, healthy and the light reflects perfectly on it. Thank you for sharing.