Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with Photo Albums

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Trouble with Photo Albums

The photo albums on here, aren't working at the moment and no one in our team has been able to figure out why.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thanks for the update. After being away for a while I wanted to upload a recent picture. I'll keep an eye out for an update and upload when I can. Thanks for trying
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

When did this problem first arise? Knowing this would narrow the range of possible origins.

What's the most recent upload on the site? My last successful picture upload was 07/25/2023
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    When did this problem first arise? Knowing this would narrow the range of possible origins.

What's the most recent upload on the site? My last successful picture upload was 07/25/2023
    29:th of July according to the admin that looked into it.

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Glad somebody's on it, thanks!

Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Perhaps the folder or partition where uploaded images get stored is just "full"?

Probably a stupid question but maybe not, depending upon the error level (i.e. FAILURE or FAILURE+REASON) reported by vBulletin. I'm sure there's a setting controlling that level of detail. Never know

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have a question (possibly stupid), please. Since the photo albums are not working yet, I tried ImgBB for picture posting and it works okay. But with that way of posting pictures (hosted on another page) via links, there is no way to stop all of internet seeing them here, as with LHC photo albums (I had set that only members here could see, and if I wasn´t logged in, I could not see my pictures in threads), is there?
    Last edited by Nefcerka; August 26th, 2023 at 02:32 AM. Reason: wording

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    I have a question (possibly stupid), please. Since the photo albums are not working yet, I tried ImgBB for picture posting and it works okay. But with that way of posting pictures (hosted on another page) via links, there is no way to stop all of internet seeing them here, as with LHC photo albums (I had set that only members here could see, and if I wasn´t logged in, I could not see my pictures in threads), is there?
    I don't think there is. I use my off site blog to host pictures and anyone can see them. I bellieve but can't promise, that this is the case with all off site hosting sites.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I don't think there is. I use my off site blog to host pictures and anyone can see them. I bellieve but can't promise, that this is the case with all off site hosting sites.
    Thanks. I thought so. That´s why I like photo albums here more, non-users can´t see my pics. While I don´t mind sharing photos of hair products, food or something, from photo-hosting sites, I´m not sure I will be comfortable posting pictures of my hair, if anyone on the internet can see. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Thanks. I thought so. That´s why I like photo albums here more, non-users can´t see my pics. While I don´t mind sharing photos of hair products, food or something, from photo-hosting sites, I´m not sure I will be comfortable posting pictures of my hair, if anyone on the internet can see. Oh well.
    Maybe a way around it would be to post a photo on a LHC blog post? You could link to it in a relevant thread (I think you can anyway!) but only members would be able to access the blog.

It’s a bit convoluted but it’s something, at least. It doesn’t flow in the same way as posting within a thread, but there might be occasions where it’s really a shame not to be able to share a photo.