Page 365 of 415 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

Wash day I apply straight from tube, about 1/2 inch on tips of fingers, dab & work through a section, repeat until most of scalp is covered. The water mixing method left me with a bit of frizz. My hair loves to frizz.

I leave it on scalp till next wash day which is 2 or 3 days.

No side effects.

Scalp is less sore at wash day. Before, if I stretched my washes I got a very sore scalp in places and a LOT of shedding. The monistat has helped here with the shedding.

STARTED the monistat experiment March 1st 2012.

GROWTH -

3/1/12, 23 inches
    7/9/12, 25 inches
    Ponytail circ. 2.75 (unchanged)
    Last edited by Silverbrumby; July 10th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Hair September 2015

So I have been using Monistat for two weeks and one day, while I have not measured, I can say for sure that my bangs grew like weeds, I had to lop off quite a bit of them Sunday, and my hair -feels- longer.
    Also my hair feels thicker, I have noticed less shedding, and my nails have grown very quickly. Which is very exciting to me

It may be a placebo affect, but I am really hoping that my hair is growing!

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ok, I'm going to try this

On my bangs, which are getting a little thinner every year and my boyfriends hair which is also getting thinner. I think this would benefit his hair greatly, he has some problems with his scalp. Now after the first application two days ago he has zero dandruff and his hair smells better.

So far so good!

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

There are no hard and fast rules, this is not tested enough in a technical way to know exactly how much, how many days etc etc.

I do what JoJo does, I wash my hair, loosen it up with my fingers so it isn't stuck flat to my scalp then squeeze out a thin quick strip of maybe 2 inches and then swipe it a bit at a time on my fingertips and rub it onto my scalp in sections, once you get used to it you can tell where there is Monistat and there isn't.

I leave it until my next wash and at the moment don't apply anymore in between.

It leaves no colour, greasiness or stain/lightening for me.

P.S, I wasn't using Monistat when we were in the process of moving house, possibly two months and didn't notice a change such as a huge shed or anything.
    My hair seems like it hasn't grown much and it has been 4 months since my last progress pic, can you believe it , I need to do another. I just started up Monistat again last week.

Length
    31"/36"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Would anyone be able to offer any advice on using Daktarin (the UK equivalent)?

Seems it only comes in 2% rather than Monistat which is 4%. Will this make a difference?

Also - does anyone know where to order some online? Seems like there are a few different types of Daktarin so want to be sure I get the right one!
    Last edited by Humbug454; July 13th, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug454 View Post
    Would anyone be able to offer any advice on using Daktarin (the UK equivalent)?

Seems it only comes in 2% rather than Monistat which is 4%. Will this make a difference?

Also - does anyone know where to order some online? Seems like there are a few different types of Daktarin so want to be sure I get the right one!
    I use Daktarin, 2% is fine to use. I buy the one that says it is for athletes foot, it's called daktarin activ cream. Just make sure you get the one with miconozole nitrate, they sell one with a different active ingredient too. I bought mine from a highstreet Lloyds pharmacy
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    31"/36"/50"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    I use Daktarin, 2% is fine to use. I buy the one that says it is for athletes foot, it's called daktarin activ cream. Just make sure you get the one with miconozole nitrate, they sell one with a different active ingredient too. I bought mine from a highstreet Lloyds pharmacy
    Thanks Afu - just bought the 2% stuff from Lloyds. Going to start the experiment on Monday

Length
    14/16/28
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I've been using the Daktarin 2% for two weeks now, applying undiluted to a patch in my front hairline several times a week before bed and leaving it on overnight.

The results are somewhat underwhelming.... there are maybe 4 or 5 little new hairs that have appeared in the area where I have applied it, but the rate of growth is completely unchanged.

And I can't be sure whether those few new hairs are due to the Daktarin or are due to something else, like using a gentler shampoo (which I have been doing for about 4 months now).

I'm still going to keep using the Daktarin for another month or so because I bought an entire tube, so I may as well use it and see if it does make any noticable difference.

Kinda disappointed though.

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I used this for a month or two before I ran out.

I forgot to measure my hair at the time but it did give me little zits on my scalp.. :\

I *was* stretching my washes an awful lot so that probably contributed to it.

I just picked up another tube & I'll be starting up again next week since I'm not stretching washes anymore.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by millyaulait View Post
    I used this for a month or two before I ran out.

I forgot to measure my hair at the time but it did give me little zits on my scalp.. :\

I *was* stretching my washes an awful lot so that probably contributed to it.

I just picked up another tube & I'll be starting up again next week since I'm not stretching washes anymore.
    I experienced that too when i was washing every 3-3 days and applying daktarin a few times a week for 2 weeks, as soon as i stopped my scalp was fine again. I'm going to try it again this week so we'll see if the same happens
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict