View Poll Results: When you got to waist length, what was your course of action?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cut it

4 4.94%
  • Maintain it

27 33.33%
  • Grow it

52 64.20%
  • Cheez-it

7 8.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waist Length Goals: Cut, Maintain, or Grow?

Default Re: Waist Length Goals: Cut, Maintain, or Grow?

I def want to grow further and maintain or chop back at hip the earliest. Simply because waist still looks so short" on me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I grew it, I didn't consider waist as a goal, I think...so I didn't consider maintaining it.

Length
    Chin/MidBa/Waist

I'm almost there, only a couple of inches left to grow, and I have layers. I considered cutting them but that would have put me back at BSL, so I heeded the advice from LHCers and decided to leave it alone, since it's healthy with no dried or split ends. Once I reach waist, I'll start micro trims. I might decide to go longer eventually but not until those layers are fully grown out.
    “I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought,
    but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sabriel View Post
    It does feel/look so much shorter!
    Not sure if you have this problem, but I mostly blame my boobies lol. They take away a lot of length in the front. It looks way longer when it's down my back, but when I wear my hair down I mostly have it in front because it gets less tangled and I'm a lot less likely to get it caught in something.
    Yes! This exactly! My hair actually looks long from the back. If it weren't for the girls, I'd probably appear waist in front, too! It's weird, but I loo waist from behind, and barely BSL in front. So, I'll have to be at least hip to appear waist in the front. And no matter how hard I try to get my hair to stay behind me, it's the dang face framing layers creeping up. Those alone make me appear shoulder length, something like 10 inches of length difference. I'm sure when I walk away from people they have no clue where all of this hair came from!

I used to think that once I hit waist length I would try and even out my hemline and cut off damage and then regrow it to waist. I'm very close to waist now and I feel like maybe I'll extend that to hip length. Waist isn't as long as I thought it would be.
    My overall goal is tailbone.

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Maintained for a year to get used to the length. Am now comfy with my handling skills (even survived hand surgery on my dominant hand) and am ok with continuing onwards.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I don't think I've ever been waist, and my goal would be longer than that but I am thinking waist will be a good look on me! I will maintain it until it is very healthy and have a hemline I want and then grow to hip - the real excitement. I hope my hair grows that long.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    SL/32"/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

I'm pretty much at waist length now when my hair is straight and it doesn't feel very long to me. . . i'm gonna keep going for classic length.

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My goal was waist, but my being only 5'2 as well as having a rather high waist meant that my hair wasn't really all that long when I got there - it certainly didn't feel it, anyway! So yeah, somewhere between hip and tailbone became my new goal.