Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ? about bending knitting needles

Length
    Shldr/BSL+/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Default Re: ? about bending knitting needles

i've bought 5 needles on the internet very cheap! I don't know the size but they were 20 cm (7,9") long and thin. I just took a towel and bent them with my hands carefully. It worked like a charm! I painted two of them black with nailpolish. One I tried to decorate but it's pulling my hair so I don't use it.. and the last two I left as they were..

I did mark the middle before I bent them because I wanted them to bend so that the prongs were equal.

They work like amish pins for me!
    Shld --> APL --> BSL --> Waist -->

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    Once they get over a certain size they will be hollow tubing which can crimp or break when you bend it while smaller ones are solid aluminium.
    I bought needles that are 2.5mm in diameter and they were hollow which is why they break when I bend them.

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fridgee View Post
    Where are you guys getting coloured double pointed knitting needles from? The only ones I can find are an unappealing light/medium grey colour. Bonus points if its a UK friendly source!
    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/arts-crafts/...inted-needles/
    Dixi! - Rikke
    Growing and graying ... just growing and graying

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ratgirldjh View Post
    They have cheap ones here at Michael's and Hobby Lobby (craft stores) in all sizes and therefore colors. I find size 3 bend easiest but I'm sure even the thin ones bend well.

Once they get over a certain size they will be hollow tubing which can crimp or break when you bend it while smaller ones are solid aluminium.
    Ah, yes that's been the problem, mine have been hollow. I'll have to try a smaller one.

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

They are just what I'm looking for, thanks! Unfortunately the listing this links to doesn't exist any more

Quote Originally Posted by B-L View Post
    i've bought 5 needles on the internet very cheap! I don't know the size but they were 20 cm (7,9") long and thin. I just took a towel and bent them with my hands carefully. It worked like a charm! I painted two of them black with nailpolish. One I tried to decorate but it's pulling my hair so I don't use it.. and the last two I left as they were..
    I may have to use your nail varnish idea if I can't find any nicely coloured ones! great idea!

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/F/ii

(The larger hollow knitting needles can be cut to make hair sticks - you can use beads or other goodies for embellishments to cover the cut edge. )