Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The slipperiest conditioner

Length
    CL/APL/happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: The slipperiest conditioner

I also agree with anything Pantene, and the herbal essences Hello Hydration, which I recently switched to from Pantene- and thats really saying something! Lots of slip with both, I find with HH I get less frizz though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marika View Post
    I find that almost all conditioners containing Behentrimonium Methosulfate are quite slippy and great detanglers.

But you know what! I have a newly bought Hello Hydration conditioner from Boots (UK) and here's the 3rd ingredient list:

Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Linalool, Magnesium Nitrate, Zea Mays Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 42090, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

It is a great detangler and I'm happy it doesn't contain cyclopentasiloxane. I have tried the US version a long time ago and I didn't like it. But who knows which ingredients it had back then! I'm not crazy about Isopropyl Alcohol because it is a drying alcohol but I haven't found this version of HH to be drying. The ingredient list is actually very similar to Aussie and Pantene conditioners except the 'oh so natural' ingredients. I find that Pantene conditioners aren't that coney anymore even though they are still slippery. My (3) bottles have this same Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone as the only cone.
    I always enjoy comparing the ingredients from the same products over seas- Interestingly enough, the US version has Behentrimonium CHLORIDE? and after the Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone comes the extracts, THEN picks up and finishes starting at the parfum. No Isopropyl alcohol that I'm aware of, but Benzyl alcohol.

Any super smarties that understand the differences?
    " And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"- Nietzche

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Behentrimonium chloride is an excellent detangler, that's basically all that it is but it is very good, but there are others. Centrimonium chloride is my fave. Behentrimonium Methosulfate is one of my favourite conditioning agents, it makes your hair look better and it improves static, pretty much why I like HE conditioners, most of them contain it.

I'm brain dead and can't find the US ingredients list to compare them side by side.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Just another voice to support behentrimonium methosulfate. It is my very favourite ingredient in conditioners.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Auni View Post
    I always enjoy comparing the ingredients from the same products over seas- Interestingly enough, the US version has Behentrimonium CHLORIDE? and after the Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone comes the extracts, THEN picks up and finishes starting at the parfum. No Isopropyl alcohol that I'm aware of, but Benzyl alcohol.

Any super smarties that understand the differences?
    Behentrimonium Chloride is a great cationic surfactant that provides excellent slip.
    Bis-aminopropyl Dimethicone is a silicone that's not supposed to build up too much (it depends on the hair, I guess).
    If you want to read about those ingredients in more detail and specifically what they do for hair, check out SwiftCraftyMonkey, The Natural Haven Bloom, Science-y Hair Blog, Curly Nikki and the Naturally Curly - they all cover ingredients in detail.

About drying alcohols... I think they are a problem only in badly formulated products IMHO. Drying alcohols can work as solvents and allow for more moisturizing, emollient ingredients like oils to have better spreadability and better penetrating ability, if well-formulated. Basically, I agree with the position of the Beauty Brains and Future Derm (https://www.futurederm.com/why-alcoh...a-begoun-says/, https://www.futurederm.com/is-ethano...products-safe/, https://www.futurederm.com/is-sd-alc...-for-the-skin/) that drying alcohols are OK and can actually increase moisturizing quality in well-formulated products (more solvent ability allows to formulate with higher % of more emollient ingredients, which can penetrate better in presence of SD alcohol). Some of the most moisturizing products I've tried (including Hello Hydration) contained alcohol.

About the presence of isopropyl alcohol, I think you might enjoy reading this: http://thebeautybrains.com/2014/04/w...y-conditioner/

By the way, has anybody tried 2 or all 3 (or more, if there are more! formulas of Hello Hydration conditioner and compared them? I'd love to know how their functionality differs.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    By the way, has anybody tried 2 or all 3 (or more, if there are more! formulas of Hello Hydration conditioner and compared them? I'd love to know how their functionality differs.
    Nope. I only have access to what's sold in Belgium.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Bumping this thread, because I'm also looking for a new slippy conditioner!

The most slippiest conditoner I've experiences is Pantene 3 Minute smooth, but I got it from Amazon US and at the moment they have temporarily restricted shipping to Europe . I could also order one from the DM, but the European ingredients are different (they included isopropyl alcohol and salty thickeners) and I don't know if they are as slippy as the US ones.

lapushka, what are your experiences with Pantene compared to HE Hello Hydration? I've tried the HE Argan Oil Of Morocco tube once from the local drugstore but it wasn't as slippy as Pantene.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Fimu View Post
    Bumping this thread, because I'm also looking for a new slippy conditioner!

The most slippiest conditoner I've experiences is Pantene 3 Minute smooth, but I got it from Amazon US and at the moment they have temporarily restricted shipping to Europe . I could also order one from the DM, but the European ingredients are different (they included isopropyl alcohol and salty thickeners) and I don't know if they are as slippy as the US ones.

lapushka, what are your experiences with Pantene compared to HE Hello Hydration? I've tried the HE Argan Oil Of Morocco tube once from the local drugstore but it wasn't as slippy as Pantene.
    Fimu, I don't know where exactly in Europe you are, but all the Pantene conditioners I've bought from DM were pretty amazing in terms of slipperiness The classic Repair & Protect one was my favorite but the new Moisture line in the squeezy tube is also amazing.

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Fimu, I don't know where exactly in Europe you are, but all the Pantene conditioners I've bought from DM were pretty amazing in terms of slipperiness The classic Repair & Protect one was my favorite but the new Moisture line in the squeezy tube is also amazing.
    I looked at the DM and I see they can only deliver to a German address . I live in NL but I see they have a "personal shopper" called dmdrogist.nl, but currently no Pantene.
    But I wonder whether the European formulations of Pantene are also that good because unlike the US ones they contain Isopropyl Alcohol and salty thickeners. But if I also heard good things from the European ones, then it's worth considering to try.

Do you prefer the Repair & Protect or the Moisture line? Which conditioners of the moisture line have you tried?

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post

This has piqued my curiosity - we have an opportunity to do some original research here. If we can figure out where the three formulations are sold and what's the most efficient way to ship them all to one LHC member, she could test them all out for comparison!
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Fimu View Post
    I looked at the DM and I see they can only deliver to a German address . I live in NL but I see they have a "personal shopper" called dmdrogist.nl, but currently no Pantene.
    But I wonder whether the European formulations of Pantene are also that good because unlike the US ones they contain Isopropyl Alcohol and salty thickeners. But if I also heard good things from the European ones, then it's worth considering to try.

Do you prefer the Repair & Protect or the Moisture line? Which conditioners of the moisture line have you tried?
    I prefer the moisture one, I think, but I didn't really notice a big difference between the formulas! I tried the conditioner from the Perfect Moisture line, which is discontinued now. I think the new Hydro Boost line has the same ingredients though.