Page 12 of 415 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Well, I went and bought an applicator this morning, so it's on again!

I'm going to water it down to 50% or so and apply it now to the roots, using the applicator bottle. Hopefully it will be less messy than before - it wasn't particularly bad, but if I can make it better and easier, then I'll be even happier.

Edit: I just applied it using the applicator, and it was really handy - it took me a lot less time and I think I got more on my scalp than on the shafts of the hair (although it spreads onto the hair, of course). Thanks to whoever thought of that idea, way back in the old forum!
    Last edited by DecafJane; March 28th, 2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    13/18/27
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

i am desprate for my hair to grow but.. wayyy to scared to try this one haha

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I just got this bandwagon this morning. I had some in my cabinet and used the cheap 2% kind. I am going to start with twice a week and see what happens.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I have decided to try this, figured what the hell. I got the 4% monistat. I am going to try 3 times a week. Just finished my first week, no headaches. My scalp has started to feel slightly itchy and dry, but that didn't start until 2 days after the last application, and I did start a new conditioner, so that may be the issue (I've stopped using the conditioner and my scalp isn't as itchy). My hair seems to grow sooooooo slowly, if this gives me 1/2" a month I'll be thrilled!

Jeni

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

I started using MN in January. I have not been consistant at all and I have not measured. What I do notice is drastically reduced shedding even when I use it just once a week. I also notice my hairline in the front is looking thicker ( it was very thin due to a long term illness and thyroid problems) so I am very happy.

Before MN I shed tons in the drain at every wash. I now notice maybe 5 hairs all day this includes finger combing, washing and putting up ( and fiddling since I am not good at updos yet)

I have not had any negative side effects.

At some point I will stop being so lazy and measure my growth but so far I'm just happy to see my hairline coming back It does seem to be growing faster then normal though.

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Wow, Jeni, you must be a very patient person to get to 22" of hair at that rate! Good work!! I hope it helps.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Wow, Jeni, you must be a very patient person to get to 22" of hair at that rate! Good work!! I hope it helps.
    I don't know how patient I really am, I am slathering my head in yeast infection cream 3 times a week..... I'm hopping this summer the growth will spread up! I've also started to take vitamins. When I was in Germany a few years ago (I was an au pair) it seamed to grow like a weed, I was always cutting it! Maybe I should stop trying to eat healthy and eat tons of bread, curry wurst, and chocolate and drink beer...?Maybe that is the fast growing hair diet I've been looking for? I wish.

Jeni

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I hope the warmer weather, vitamins, cream and forum help your hair.

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DecafJane View Post
    I hope the warmer weather, vitamins, cream and forum help your hair.
    Thanks, same to you.

Jeni

Type
    4a/4b/F/i

Hello all, I am new to the board but I have been reading alot. So to the point that I went to purchase the Monistat for use today. Once I saw that it also came with applicators I asked the pharmacist if there was anything that had the same MN in it that I could purchase. He actually told me that I could purchase the actual MN by itself. Is this okay to use this way or does it need to be mixed with something the way I assume the Monistat is? Thanks for any replys.