Page 11 of 456 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Quote Originally Posted by Slinks View Post
    I too am looking forward to an aussie summer growth spurt :-)

I micro trimmed twice last month at the start and the end - will probably be micro trimming again start of November
    Yay for summer growth spurts!

Your hair is so shiny

Account Closed by Member Request

I did a dusting yesterday evening. Note to self: trimming wet hair is a royal pain and I'm not going to do it again.

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

hmmmm.....my son (who is not growing his hair as long as mine, but likes his hair about 3-4 inches everywhere) just recently got a trim, and boy does it ever look and feel better.....now I've got the bug to microtrim my hair today all over. I wasn't going to, and just posted in another thread today that I was going for length rather than hemline, but I think I'll do another microtrim today...it's been since about April that I've had one.
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I started trimming regularly... well... this month! I grew from shoulder to a little below waist through "benign neglect"... actually, though, it was plain neglect. I just let it do its thing-- I didn't care about my hair, really. Then, I decided one day that I wanted beautiful hair like I had years ago. I came to LHC and asked for honest feedback, and it was decided-- I needed a chop! Most people thought I should cut back to BSL, and I agreed after looking at the photos, but I'm a coward and decided to just do small trims instead. I don't really measure, to be honest-- I just wrap a belt around my natural waist and make DH chop any hair below the belt. I''ll post comparison photos next month... I think it'll take, like, another year of maintaining at waist before I can move toward hip... maybe longer... but I've decided that I'd be okay with staying at waist FOREVER as long as I got a nice hemline.

is a daily washer :D nobeltonya's Avatar
    Length
    10"/36.5"/48"
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I was originally just trying to reach tbone, but now I've dusted the ends the last few months in a row, and it's finally starting to thicken a bit. My U-shape tapers significantly [not fairy tale, but still a noticeable difference, especially braided] from top to bottom, and I'd love for it to be thick and full all the way down, and for my hemline to be straight [it'd take a few years, as my shortest layer, the front, is only at BSL..].

I have been considering cutting up to waist lately :O It is currently just above TB, b/c I keep trimming it...
    2a/b / M/C / ii. Low porosity.

Length
    24/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Do you trim your own hair then and how? How do you get it straight. Great thread by the way, very encouraging as I never used to trim...well only when I was forced to but I'm going to do some micro-trimming myself.

Length
    19/23/36
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akuamoonmaui View Post
    I have to micro trim or I don't like the way my hair grows out. I tried no trimming in 2011, but only made it to June. I ended up trimming about 3" between June and July because I didn't like my ends.

I dust about 3 months. I'm also going to try trimming by the moon. I don't fully understand it, but I'll give it a shot and see if there's a difference. My next trim is scheduled for Dec. 3.

My member name 'dust bunny' is in reference to micro trims.
    Please do share what you learn and your results with us here. It sounds interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra83 View Post
    hmmmm.....my son (who is not growing his hair as long as mine, but likes his hair about 3-4 inches everywhere) just recently got a trim, and boy does it ever look and feel better.....now I've got the bug to microtrim my hair today all over. I wasn't going to, and just posted in another thread today that I was going for length rather than hemline, but I think I'll do another microtrim today...it's been since about April that I've had one.
    How did it go Debra?

Quote Originally Posted by Annibelle View Post
    I started trimming regularly... well... this month! I grew from shoulder to a little below waist through "benign neglect"... actually, though, it was plain neglect. I just let it do its thing-- I didn't care about my hair, really. Then, I decided one day that I wanted beautiful hair like I had years ago. I came to LHC and asked for honest feedback, and it was decided-- I needed a chop! Most people thought I should cut back to BSL, and I agreed after looking at the photos, but I'm a coward and decided to just do small trims instead. I don't really measure, to be honest-- I just wrap a belt around my natural waist and make DH chop any hair below the belt. I''ll post comparison photos next month... I think it'll take, like, another year of maintaining at waist before I can move toward hip... maybe longer... but I've decided that I'd be okay with staying at waist FOREVER as long as I got a nice hemline.
    I think comparison pictures have been a huge encouragement for me in seeing the benefits of regular trimming. Looking forward to seeing your photos next month!

Quote Originally Posted by whichypoohs View Post
    Do you trim your own hair then and how? How do you get it straight. Great thread by the way, very encouraging as I never used to trim...well only when I was forced to but I'm going to do some micro-trimming myself.
    A lot of us here are self trimmers .... it's something I'm glad to do myself. The first link is Feye's method and the second is a video tutorial of Habioku using Feye's method. HTH

http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Here's a video link...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc

and here is the page for the method I use...
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...t=75468&page=4

Length
    Pixie/SL+/MBL
    Type
    4a/F/ii

I did another dusting yesterday. I definitely need to work on my detangling technique, as I had a lot of single strand knots. Anyway, my hair feels great now and it's onward to another few months of growing.
    Next goal: APL!

Length
    19/23/36
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii

Trimmed another .5 inch this morning....

Length
    buzz/pixie/pixie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'll have to join here soon! When I get just past shoulder, I'll start maintaining for a while to trim off damage, and then off to APL I go.
    Finding a way to love my hair.