Page 11 of 711 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    short/long/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    The last couple of months I have had increasing problems reaching my ends when I detangle… How do you guys cope with that?
    Some times it’s just not possible to grab it with my other hand to bring the ends within reach because I’m already holding it back or up

I wrap it once around my neck to get the ends. Or sometimes I use my feet and toes to hold it in place.
    "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
    Abraham Lincoln

Length
    BLS/class/tigh
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I cut back to tailbone-ish because I couldn't stand my thin ends anymore. (This happens from time to time.) I'm back to growing to classic and beyons, hopefully with thicker ends this time.

Smile Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

First time poster here. Hi everyone!

I'm now at classic and just keeping going until it won't grow no more. I'm not precious with it. It's home dyed every 4-6 weeks (roots only). I lose wayyyy too much in the hair brush every day. I S&D every night with a sewing lamp and fine snips. I haven't been to a hairdresser in over 5 years as I blunt cut my fringe around the same time as the redoing of the roots.

I've always had "long" hair but this is the first time I've actually reached my butt. I'm now experiencing new things like sitting on my hair.

Cheers.

Nes

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Angela_Rose View Post
    Hey Xandergrammy! I'm catching up to you, lady! And your shine is nigh-blinding!

Hi Angela_Rose!!! Thank you very much for the compliment (I think the camera flash adds alot of shine). And your hair is getting so long and looks wonderful!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    Hi Angela_Rose!!! Thank you very much for the compliment (I think the camera flash adds alot of shine). And your hair is getting so long and looks wonderful!!
    :blush: Thank you! I've got 14" to grow until I hit my goal.
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    First time poster here. Hi everyone!

I'm now at classic and just keeping going until it won't grow no more. I'm not precious with it. It's home dyed every 4-6 weeks (roots only). I lose wayyyy too much in the hair brush every day. I S&D every night with a sewing lamp and fine snips. I haven't been to a hairdresser in over 5 years as I blunt cut my fringe around the same time as the redoing of the roots.

I've always had "long" hair but this is the first time I've actually reached my butt. I'm now experiencing new things like sitting on my hair.

Cheers.

Nes
    Hi, Nes! You picked the perfect thread as your first one to post in! I hope you find the friendship and support you need along your hair journey! Here's to longer, stronger and healthier lengths ahead!
    Last edited by angelthadiva; December 31st, 2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: wrong :)

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

My original goal here was to reach terminal...and I'm still working on that in the back of my mind. I trim frequently right now, though, because I'd like to get as much thickness to travel downward as I can before I stop trimming and just let it grow. I'm currently at fingertip, less than an inch away from midthigh, and I'm probably going to stay here for awhile. I may be about 2" longer now than I was in the last photo I took (Oct or Nov 09, I think), and I'm getting pretty wavy again, so there's really not a lot of visible difference. I'll get to knee someday!! (I hope! )
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    The last couple of months I have had increasing problems reaching my ends when I detangle… How do you guys cope with that?
    Some times it’s just not possible to grab it with my other hand to bring the ends within reach because I’m already holding it back or up

I tend to detangle while sitting, which lets me place the ends on my leg to detangle them or I do the wrap about the neck.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I already asked this question in this thread, and forgive me if I overlooked anyone, but I don't think anyone actually answered it.

How many of us at thigh length wear hair up often, and for those of us who don't, do you have to often trim off splits and/or damage? The reason I ask is because I had worn my hair down more often for the first five or six months after hitting classic this last time, and it seems I have had more damage at the ends. I'm wondering if it might have been just caused by the normal wear and tear of hair this long when loose.

Any opinions, and what do you all do?
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    short/long/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I wear mine up or in a braid most of the time when I'm out of the house. In my home, I'll wear it down often or up or in a braid. Since I started using leave-in conditioner (Phyto 7) and after my big trim, I have very few splits and haven't trimmed them since my last 1/2 inch trim in October. The leave-in conditioner really helps!
    "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
    Abraham Lincoln