Page 456 of 456 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456
Results 4,551 to 4,557 of 4557

Thread: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Default Re: Microtrimming and Maintaining Club!

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about this thread & Welcome! I have been trimming regularly since growing out my hair, and have good success at altering my hemline when needed and slowly cutting out damage while gaining some length.

I did my 1” trim in December, which took me 1” above HL, right at my elbows. I still plan to maintain for the year and beyond. Not sure what it will look like, I may trim 1/2” above HL and grow back to it, or may trim right up to HL each time. gonna take it as it comes, I am trying to be less maintenance about it this year.

Previously I had been micro-trimming every 2 months, stretched it to 3 months, and now plan to trim every 4 months this year. Moving onto proper maintaining is exciting for me, I’ll try ti remember to post here when I do
    Well, I didn't stay too long in this thread, nevertheless I want to thank you for the warm welcome here, rosenester! I wanted to do a 2cm trim today and I lost 7cm in total . I was way too scissor happy and I cut too much from my left side and then I had to even things out . I was very sad for a few hours, because my hair is now no longer at WL, it's a tiny bit shorter, but at least I am no longer disheartened, since I got rid of all my split ends and I am finally happy with my hemline (it's no longer V shaped and rather a softer U, just what I've wished for).

I think microtrimming isn't (more wasn't, as I no longer have to maintain) for me. I can't cut so little, I am a perfectionist and I keep cutting and cutting until every strand looks perfectly even. I don't know what I'm supposed to do in the future, since I don't really trust anybody around my hair (and now I don't even trust me). I want to grow my hair ultimately to around HL and that means I'll have to do some trims here and there to get rid of split ends and then I'll have to maintain that length... I don't want to yo-yo through BSL-HL hair . I need to let go of my controlling habits and accept that I don't have to have a perfectly even hemline (I also wear my hair up or in heatless curls 90% of the time, so a bit of uneveness couldn't even be detected).

Sorry for my 'rant' here, I am mostly speaking to myself. Since starting my long hair journey a few years ago I've made some 'mistakes' (mostly cutting too much and too often) that were always because of my perfectionist personality and I (thankfully) made myself aware of this negative trait and succeeded letting go of this unhelpful habits. I now must convince myself to go slower and accept imperfection.

I apologize once again for this incoherent chunk of text, I just had to write something so I won't feel down anymore. After all... hair will grow again and it's not even short, it was just unwanted.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I decided for 2024 I am going to microtrim every 3 months. I need ends that are healthy and hopefully a bit thicker before I continue to longer lengths. The ends look so bad right now that if I didn’t have the option of wearing my hair up to hide it, I would cut off 6” immediately. I can’t bear to lose all that length at once. I’m grateful that microtrimming and maintaining is an effective way to improve my hair over the next year. I trimmed about an inch off either in November or December of 2023, so I’ll begin my trimming this year in March.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

In December I trimmed to 30", and was very happy. I have grown it 1/2" beyond HL & was -amazingly- not overwhelmed by the length & loved it!

I went ahead with my April trim today since I had the time and will be busy the rest of the month. I didn't want to rush it! I took off 1" again with Faye's Method, and trimmed quite a bit off my face framing layers and a 1/4" off my bangs. It all feels so fresh!

I measured after because I felt a little scissor happy, even though the amount of hair that fell to the ground didn't look like much in the end. I am now exactly at 30 1/2" which is just above HL for me.

Now, the plan is to trim again in August. I could grow anywhere between 1-2" (it grew 1 1/2" these past 4 months) and I plan to trim back to HL/31" at that time and will let my growth rate determine the trim amount. If that works for me, I'll continue that method until all the bleach is gone and then decide what's next! (more length, more layers, grow out face framing & bangs???? So many contradicting thoughts! )

How's anyone else going that is maintaining for 2024 or beyond?
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I'll be maintaining the back every three months this year to get as close to a bob as possible since I won't be trimming next year ( bangs and sides optional)
    I did a slight dusting to get rid of some nape curlies but I'm considering getting it tapered in at the back on Wednesday if I have enough Money ��

since I buzzed again (2 weeks ago) I won't be maintaining, i'mma let it grow wild
    Last edited by Bat; May 6th, 2024 at 12:12 AM. Reason: not maintaining

Length
    Chin/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Joining y’all!

I grew my hair to tailbone before doing monthly or bimonthly microtrims. I’ve been trying to resist, but I like fresh ends too much

Just did a little one today, and it felt good knowing I’m contributing to the thickness of my future hemline. I think I’m going to try to do one every 6 weeks, maybe space it out a bit more as my ends thicken up and my hair gets longer.

Welcome to the thread, angel! I had good luck growing slow with microtrims to get rid of damage but still gain a bit of length. Just took extra time, but apparently I like to test my patience I think I also like the ends of my hair to look a certain way as well for wearing loose, but never thought about it that way until recently…

When I wear my hair loose I tend to pull it forward over my shoulders and noticed that the straight-ish hemline I cut looks weird this way and I reshaped it to be a deeper U again. (Yesterday I just took off probably 1cm from the edges, which is subtle and didn’t completely fix it, but helped for now). When I do a full trim in August, I hope I remember this detail!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I trimmed my ends yesterday. Did it a particular way, ponytails to the side, and then the back w/ Feye's method. It is now back to APL, perfect for a peacock twist! My ends feel so much nicer. I also was fed up with the mess after trimming, so this time I pushed the elastics to the very end, and then cut behind said elastic. Far less messy!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)