Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    42/shl+/shl+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Re: Millet for a real fast growth

I tried and noticed nothing.

I think there may not be any effect if one eat good from start and have no lacks of anything and no diseases that can cause shedding or bad growth.

I think it is good seeds though. As buckwheat and some other "old fashioned" seeds.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I just bought some of the pearl type millet. I'm going to soak 1/4 cup in water overnight then mix it with yoghurt and honey. I'm not usually a breakfast person but this sounds really yummy. I hope it helps thicken my hair. *fingers crossed*

Length
    37/32/32
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I know some people add it to rice as they are cooking it. The mixture is a bit stickier than rice alone making it a bit easier for little children to eat it.
    It's also high in calcium

Length
    23/35,8/long
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Hi. I was thinking really hard on what Millet is.. I search the web but I couldn`t understand what it was or if we have it here in Sweden. After a while I found it. We call it Hirs. Not that commen in my kitchen but I will look for it at the store next time..

Type
    1c/F/i

Well, thatīs a nice and simple recipe. I just decided this morning to take more care on healthy breakfasts. I guess, you could also add fruits. And if it makes beautiful... But I also remember that millet is a grain for beautiful hair.

Length
    2"/24"/80"
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I tried millet the other week, finally got some from the 8th day organic shop, it is so nice!!! It came in a packet looking abit like couscous, so I just left it one part millet, 2 parts water, in a pan just below boiling point for 15 mins, and oila!! its so easy to make! It tastes so nice. I much prefer eating millet than any other carbohydrates I feel that I should include to give me a good balanced meal. I hope I can see the results soon (hoping that there will be some). How often do you guys eat it? I have been having it alongside my tea for the past week (about 3 days out of 7). If its not millet, its qoinoa!

my nanny couldn't stop laughing when i told her to try millet, going on about how all the birds who come and see her are addicted to it too... lol

Length
    2"/24"/80"
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I thought I would revive this thread, has anyone seen any improvements since starting taking millet? I was checking out the wikipedia page for it which someone put up on this thread and it said it was high in B vitamins...Perhaps that explains why people have reported such good growth/texture from regularly eating it..?

Length
    9in/20in/3ft
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

That is interesting, I don't think I've ever eaten millet, but if you can mix it with yogurt, I would like to try it.

I ordered a bulk amount from Amazon (from the Eden company) and have been having it for breakfast about 5 days out of 7 for 2 weeks. I add in some moleasses and raisins, very yummy. I will keep up with this thread and let you know if I wake up with long flowing locks one day, LOL!
    Wannabe Rapunzel

Length
    17.25/17.25/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I'm eating it for breakfast in my porridge (oats, oat bran, flaxmeal, millet, buckwheat, bulgar) or added to Ezekial cereal. Just started this week, but I'll report back later.
    Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist!
    << I miss this hair
    DanielleDoucette.com