Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Well in my case I do my roots every 3-4 weeks I did try just glosses, but found they didn't cover my whites as well and that the color was less golden-copper. This way I get more of a golden copper that sticks around better, and after the second application the golden doesn't seem to fade.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Interesting!
    Maybe I'll try diluting with cassia again.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So ok Nightshade, I'm in a hair debacle and I'm going to try your Sun In method and hope it helps. Very long story short, the last things I did to my hair was straight up Yemeni henna many months ago. I was fine with my hair until due to crazy reasons I wanted nothing to cover up all that gorgeous red for a period of time so I threw a boxwd dye on my very porous hair. So fast forward to now, I love the slight coppery henna I used to do a while back and the reason for not wanting any red in my hair has been gotten over.
    Well about 6 boxes of Color Oops hasn't helped my hair too much...well it's helped me get to lighter somewhat golden, coppery roots and a few inches then much darker length with a bold red tone to it. I'm hoping this can even it all out. Just trying to get back to my light brownus dark blondes coloring with a coppery henna flare.

I'll be experimenting this weekend so wish me luck. Oh and ironically, my near black shade hair was done by a box if, I kid you not, light ash brown. My hair is THAT porous.

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I did a strand test with sun-in like product. It seems there is no damage and minimal lightening after one go. So I'm going ahead with that
    The plan is to put coconut oil on hair, repeat Nighshade's process twice (I just want some lightening) and then do SMT for moisture. Do you think the plan sound right?
    Last edited by poli; July 21st, 2016 at 12:35 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Maelyssa View Post
    So ok Nightshade, I'm in a hair debacle and I'm going to try your Sun In method and hope it helps. Very long story short, the last things I did to my hair was straight up Yemeni henna many months ago. I was fine with my hair until due to crazy reasons I wanted nothing to cover up all that gorgeous red for a period of time so I threw a boxwd dye on my very porous hair. So fast forward to now, I love the slight coppery henna I used to do a while back and the reason for not wanting any red in my hair has been gotten over.
    Well about 6 boxes of Color Oops hasn't helped my hair too much...well it's helped me get to lighter somewhat golden, coppery roots and a few inches then much darker length with a bold red tone to it. I'm hoping this can even it all out. Just trying to get back to my light brownus dark blondes coloring with a coppery henna flare.

I'll be experimenting this weekend so wish me luck. Oh and ironically, my near black shade hair was done by a box if, I kid you not, light ash brown. My hair is THAT porous.
    Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes! You'll want to strand test for sure because Sun-In can be really wonky with some dyes. But you could also try hitting your hair with ColorFix or similar first to take out the dark dye first You might not have to lighten so far, then!

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I did a strand test with sun-in like product. It seems there is no damage and minimal lightening after one go. So I'm going ahead with that
    The plan is to put coconut oil on hair, repeat Nighshade's process twice (I just want some lightening) and then do SMT for moisture. Do you thing the plan sound right?
    Sounds like a plan to me!

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Thank you Nightshade. I will post results.

Later: It worked for me too. Got a little lighter, but it's henna and it's refuses to be photographed. I will wait few days more and take a lot of hairselfies hoping to catch the difference.
    Last edited by poli; July 21st, 2016 at 07:32 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

So I have before and after that were taken in similar light with the phone.
    BEFORE

AFTER

And a bonus photo with a better camera that looks more copper than it is.
    BONUS

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh, much lighter! And such pretty eyes ^_^

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes! You'll want to strand test for sure because Sun-In can be really wonky with some dyes. But you could also try hitting your hair with ColorFix or similar first to take out the dark dye first You might not have to lighten so far.
    I'm definitely going to experiment. I did use Color Oops but not for the whole length of time because I'm afraid that the dark blonde box dye may have lightened my natural color and I don't want to actually be blond. So now I'm kind of medium reddish brown. Well, two shades of reddish brown...much darker on the length than roots. Not so noticeable in some lighting...God awful under the florescent lighting in the work restroom. Tomorrow I shop for Sun In and begin testing.

Enchantress Maelyssa, Oracle of The Deep Wood in The Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    shdlr/~Clsc/FrTp
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So basically I had hennaed hair for quite some time but due to a terrible emotional trauma I wanted to cover myself up and hide so I darkeneed my hair to this...

For some reason my camera is terrible in picking up the red but thanks to Nightshade, Color Oops and Sun In all done in small increments so as to not do too much damage at once and control the outcome...here's where I'm currently at...

The sunlight had been sparse here these days so it's not as light or true to the red shade it currently is but I am tremendously grateful that I was able to go from over saturated, near black to a reddish version of my natural light brown shade.

Thank you dear Nightshade...you're amazing!

Oh and part of why it was so dark is there was some pretty dark Yemeni henna on most of the length so I had to remove the brown as well as lighten up that henna to match the cooper on top.

Admittedly, both pics are goofy and I stink at selfies for the most part but oh well...at least you can see the haircolor.