Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

I used Enyo so that's sort of huge news right??

The right was Mother's Day. The left was a few days ago. I took it reallllly slow. Ignore my sponge curls my hair has layers and most are around back. I'm at BSL both photos.

Last edited by earthybee; June 2nd, 2016 at 05:13 PM.

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

I just (finally) fixed all the broken pictures in the first post

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by earthybee View Post

The right was Mother's Day. The left was a few days ago. I took it reallllly slow. Ignore my sponge curls my hair has layers and most are around back. I'm at BSL both photos.

It looks so good!! Gorgeous

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by earthybee View Post

That looks great! Also reassuring to know that Enyo lightens up without going green (at least in your case).

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thank you slynr & Nightshade! My daughters henna indigo totally went green when she went blonde but she used henna color labs. I was pretty nervous I won't lie but figured I could just dump Enyo back over it if I looked like Oscar the grouch. It worked out great.

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Length
    Bob/HL/CL!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have been using henna for a few years now and it's just gotten too dark/burgundy for me at this point; especially, in the fluorescent lights of my office. Before I went too gray, my natural hair color was a very gingery copper - I have some Sun In on the way to give this method a shot! I will report my results back.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gingerknits View Post
    I have been using henna for a few years now and it's just gotten too dark/burgundy for me at this point; especially, in the fluorescent lights of my office. Before I went too gray, my natural hair color was a very gingery copper - I have some Sun In on the way to give this method a shot! I will report my results back.
    Good luck! Just take your time From here on out you might want to do your roots only and use a diluted henna blend to keep coppery.

Length
    Bob/HL/CL!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Good luck! Just take your time From here on out you might want to do your roots only and use a diluted henna blend to keep coppery.
    Thanks for the advice! I have learned about cassia from reading the forum and plan to dilute my henna with that in the future. Hope my plan works!

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I dilute henna with cheap conditioner, and have for years, because I can't wrap my brain around how diluting with cassia would give a better result.

Cassia fades out in 3 or 4 weeks? How is it possible to maintain the yellow stain on the length? Ya. I follow that the roots stay bright, but after a few months' growth that cassia touch-up will grow/fade out, and you'll be left with diluted henna on the length. I don't add any cassia because it's one less thing to fool with. Am I missing something here?

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Bob/HL/CL!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    I dilute henna with cheap conditioner, and have for years, because I can't wrap my brain around how diluting with cassia would give a better result.

Cassia fades out in 3 or 4 weeks? How is it possible to maintain the yellow stain on the length? Ya. I follow that the roots stay bright, but after a few months' growth that cassia touch-up will grow/fade out, and you'll be left with diluted henna on the length. I don't add any cassia because it's one less thing to fool with. Am I missing something here?
    I honestly don't know! I might be the one missing something, but I did see some results in the henna/cassia thread with the more coppery shade that I'm going for? I am open to suggestions at this point as I've kept my routine fairly simple and done little in the way of experimenting - I've only used plain henna and water to touch up my roots for a few years now.