Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Your hair is just WOW ! i love your length and hair color

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Well, I am resurrecting this thread. I bought this More Blonde spray from Balea - the main ingredient is hydrogen peroxide, like in sun-in.

I am going for a few shades lighter, because my natural hair is so dark that henna does nothing on it, except add shine. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but I'd love to have at least some red coming through at least in the sunlight.

after my first application (spray on wet hair, dry it with a diffuser), I see no difference in color whatsoever.
    Gonna wait a few days and have another go before I give up.

My question is, did anyone with really dark hair succeed with this kind of lightening?
    Thanks!! Will keep you posted on the progres...

I haven't been to LHC for a few years now. Popped in as I'm just starting to use henna/indigo/amla again and wanted to see if Nightshade, one of LHC's most august henna experts, had anything I should read about mixing things up. Have learned a lot here (again!). So glad to see Nightshade and others are still here. Thanks for all the great info.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
    If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Yeap, definetly lightening after the second application!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    I haven't been to LHC for a few years now. Popped in as I'm just starting to use henna/indigo/amla again and wanted to see if Nightshade, one of LHC's most august henna experts, had anything I should read about mixing things up. Have learned a lot here (again!). So glad to see Nightshade and others are still here. Thanks for all the great info.

Can you give me a little more background? What are you aiming to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    Yeap, definetly lightening after the second application!
    Yay!

Hi Nightshade -- great to hear from you. I started a thread on my adventures in this forum. It's called Back to LHC and Henna, and details my recent henndigo trial. Any advice would be much appreciated. My pre-grey hair colour is a cool/neutral dark brown. I found a dye that I loved, through eSalon, but it was making my scalp itch. The henndigo/amla mix I made made my greys way too orange/red, and I want to be a cool dark brown. I give all the proportions, etc., that I used in the other thread.

Thanks for any help!

PS: your hair is looking really beautiful.
    PPS: My hair is not totally grey, probably abt 20-70% depending on the area of my head. The dye is still there from about 3 inches down. Above that, there's a mixture of natural colour and henna colour, i.e., orange and black. :-) I look like a Hallowe'en ornament.
    Last edited by Sally; February 26th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
    If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Length
    18 in/28 in/40 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

This is exactly what I need! I love my henna but have been wanting lighter hair. My natural color is blonde and I've been missing the way lighter hair makes me look younger. I feel like red has aged me even though I adore it! I'm 13 weeks pregnant so I didn't want to do chemical color to lighten my hair plus the results I've read about are not desirable to me. I love how your hair turned out! My hair is measuring 28 inches so I only have 10 inches till I reach my goal! I want to baby my hair as much as possible through the sun-in process.

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Hey thought I would mention that I had some henna removal success recently. With dandruff shampoo and powdered vitamin-c tablets, wrapped up for 4 hours. My hair looks like it did after the first application faded as opposed to 15+ applications later. I can no longer see a root demarcation line between my natural light ash brown hair, and my dark red brown looking henna hair. Still a little darker, I think I will do another vitimin-c and head and shoulders treatment in a week or two, my hair is not used to all the sulfates in the shampoo so its dry at the ends. Anyway hope this helps someone who is to afraid to use peroxide.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    18 in/28 in/40 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I did it!! After doing two sessions on a test strip I went for it. I just did 3 applications today. It definitely lightened my henna quite a bit! I'm going to wait a week or so and do another session. I'm going to do a deep condition on my hair tonight. I will keep you all posted on my progress. I will need to do a light cassia/henna on my blonde roots to blend a little while i'm growing the henna out.

Lady Shaylee, Riodinidae Charmer, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Henna head. Current:28in Goal:40in

Length
    Chin/Shldr/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Your hair looks amazing! Thank you for posting this vital info, because I am back into henna now, and when my length gets to waist, I plan to only do neutral henna and let my natural color just grow in.. roots and all lol..

Your way, I can lighten my ends slowly, so that I'm not coloring it anymore...

AMAZING JOB!!!!

Lady Verisiel of the Triskle Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~ Current Mini Goal: APL by DEC 2013