Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Your new hair color literally made me gasp, it's so gorgeous!

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

I created an account so that I could see the pictures on this thread-- then I read that I have to make 25 postings, now after having do that I still can't see what happened!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/26/49
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by okiku View Post
    I created an account so that I could see the pictures on this thread-- then I read that I have to make 25 postings, now after having do that I still can't see what happened!
    Upgrade is not an automatic process, a mod has to decide if your posts are high quality enough and then he or she may upgrade you. Just be patient.

Length
    20 in/30/40 in
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I use sun in on my roots sometimes.
    http://xovictoryxo.blogspot.com/
    Lady Victory of the Skyward Sword in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i

So, I got the Sun In (tropical breeze. I don't know if there is any difference between the two products, but it's the one my sister found). I haven't tried anything yet, I guess I'll try on my "hair balls" ^^, just to see what happens with the color. I'm a bit worried I'll end up with light streaks and darker ones. I'll have to post a bit on the forum in the meantime, I really want to see the pictures, to get an idea of what I might end up with ^^

Length
    18/27/term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

What would the advantage be from using products like sun-in over highlighting at a salon? (besides price, of course)

I have highlighted for many years (naturally a dirty blonde) and I am not loving my natural color at all, even though I know I am gaining length as a result of it.

So my question is: would using a little sun-in once in a while be as damaging as highlighting in a salon?

As a person who has used something similar to SunIn I would like to point out to something that I was told by a hairdresser and as well asking a question. I was told that products like SunIn are dangerous because the kind of peroxide that they use is still "active" after you have washed you hair. I remember Nightshade at some point saying that her color got even lighter after the application ( same with me also ) . But if it is true and those kind of products are dangerous for the hair, why not simply use peroxide in a very light dilution and apply to the hair ? In this way one could still get a lighter color and it would be safer than SunIn & CO.
    I am only reproducing what I was told by a hairdresser and I am just rising a question.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AngelDella View Post
    What would the advantage be from using products like sun-in over highlighting at a salon? (besides price, of course)

I have highlighted for many years (naturally a dirty blonde) and I am not loving my natural color at all, even though I know I am gaining length as a result of it.

So my question is: would using a little sun-in once in a while be as damaging as highlighting in a salon?
    It really depends. I liked it because I could carefully monitor the application I was taking it very, very slow on purpose, and would be wary of a hairdresser overshooting and going too light.

If you have a hairdresser you trust, then the extra cost may be worth it. For me, it was more an experiment and I trust myself more than a hairdresser.

Quote Originally Posted by jaquelines View Post
    As a person who has used something similar to SunIn I would like to point out to something that I was told by a hairdresser and as well asking a question. I was told that products like SunIn are dangerous because the kind of peroxide that they use is still "active" after you have washed you hair. I remember Nightshade at some point saying that her color got even lighter after the application ( same with me also ) . But if it is true and those kind of products are dangerous for the hair, why not simply use peroxide in a very light dilution and apply to the hair ? In this way one could still get a lighter color and it would be safer than SunIn & CO.
    I am only reproducing what I was told by a hairdresser and I am just rising a question.
    It's not a bad question! Sun-In shouldn't be used AT ALL on previously chemically-dyed hair, and I'm sure that's where most of that concern comes from, much like how many hairdressers are afraid of henna because they're used to dealing with junk henna compounds on hair that's getting further treated by chemicals.

I think as long as you're willing to go slow and expect a bit of further lightening, Sun-In is fine. One could indeed use a very dilute peroxide mix on it's own, I just found the application of Sun-In to be easier

Length
    18/27/term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

[quote=Nightshade;1739929]It really depends. I liked it because I could carefully monitor the application I was taking it very, very slow on purpose, and would be wary of a hairdresser overshooting and going too light.

If you have a hairdresser you trust, then the extra cost may be worth it. For me, it was more an experiment and I trust myself more than a hairdresser.

Thank you, Nightshade I wonder...what if I grew my hair a few more inches, then just added very light (a few here and there) highlights, and then kept up my usual hair care routine, which btw includes the best hair annointing oil and hair cream (triple moon and panacea ), if it would really affect the overall length and health of my hair? I think I used to get highlights just about every 6 months. I'm not sure that damaged my hair as much as blowdrying and styling, but I don't know. I just know that I want really long hair and if I have to learn to love my dirty blonde hair, I will

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

There's a member here who lightens her immensely long hair once a year with Sun-In. I wish I could remember her name, but once a year she touches up her roots, never re-doing the length.

Hopefully another member here will remember who it is. She'd be an excellent resource for you

ETA: AHA! Lady Long Locks

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=1840