Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Nightshade, what would you say is your natural color?
    Do think fading henna is more difficult the lighter one's natural color is?
    Member of the Official Hair Idiots Club

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Nightshade, in regards to strand test and Sun-In, how long would you recommend I wait to check for adverse reactions?

Length
    6/21/40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

This makes me curious about using henna. Your hair is very beautiful and I love the effect that it had on it...

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BrianaFineHair View Post
    Nightshade, what would you say is your natural color?
    Do think fading henna is more difficult the lighter one's natural color is?

Nightshade, in regards to strand test and Sun-In, how long would you recommend I wait to check for adverse reactions?
    My natural color is a light to medium brunette. I do think it's harder to fade on lighter hair only because with darker browns you can blend it in easier. On lighter hair the smallest bit of henna shows lots.

Normal allergy testing is 24 hours, but if you mean on your strand tests, you should see something wonky right away, but I've give it 2 days or so just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    This makes me curious about using henna. Your hair is very beautiful and I love the effect that it had on it...
    Thank you so much! There's an article on hennaing hair in my siggy that you may find worthwhile if you want to learn more

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thanks, Nightshade. Your use of the word, "wonky" gave me a giggle. From what I've read about bad reactions, that word seems to fit the bill!

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I washed my hair and sprayed in the sun-in

Will post back with results later.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    shldr/shldr/70 in
    Type
    2c/M/iii

For anyone who can't find Sun In, during the summer here, Walmart moves it out of the shampoo/dye aisles and puts it in a display with tanning oil, sunscreen, aloe and sunglasses as part of their OMG IT'S SUMMER! thing.
    Growing my hair back out after some much-needed experimentation and with a color I love!

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

well i gave it a few days since my last application.. it looks as though its a bit lighter.. i didnt nuke my hair or anything.. no pictures to show.. pure lazyness
    can i call this classic length

kwaniesiam, how did it go? Any change?

When my hair was getting dry I ran the APL-down length under cool water in the faucet, an repeated steps 2-5. I did this about 4 times per session.

Whats APL?