Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Congrats! The color looks so much more uniform now!

Length
    6"/8"/20"
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

I'm very happy for you! I've recently tried something similar and had similar results, congrats!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you all! I'm just so thrilled. It's so nice to feel that wearing my hair up isn't so god-awful ugly anymore because of the color difference. Part of the reason I wore my hair down on my wedding as I knew the color difference would look terrible in an updo (I'd have worn it down anyway, but that was just one more reason to).

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    Great job! So glad it worked out.No Sun-In horror stories, promise, just wanted to pass along a message from my salon... Sun-In reacts terribly with any type of product that contains metallic salts/or such, so if you've used those in the past (color dye like Feria, etc.) than please DON'T USE SUN-IN!
    Very wise! Hence the strand testing to make sure that any residual dye in my ends wouldn't go wonky. It says right on the bottle not to use on color treated hair, and my henna and cassia have always been 100% pure, no scary boxed stuff.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
    I'm very happy for you! I've recently tried something similar and had similar results, congrats!
    ooOOooo do post pics please! I figure I'll post more if I do more Sun-In, and if anyone else tries this, I'd love to see their results too

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

HOLY COW!!!! This is good news for everyone who went t dark
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Amazing! I didn't think sun-in would be strong enough, but apparently it is enough to remove a few shades. The henna must really react with it! Great job!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Niteshade - your hair is lovely! And thank you for taking the time and posting your results. A huge wealth of information is on these boards. I love your hair - envious! smile...

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Your hair looks fantastic.

If you want to help prevent hair damage, should you try this again, I suggest a light coconut oiling, followed by a light argan oiling, used as a pre treatment.

Coconut oil alone has been reported to work with bleach and conventional hair colour,
    Bianca - bleach and then conventional colour
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=111

her thread
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=16279

and argan oil chelates more copper than coconut oil, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=249.

Neither oil has interfered with peroxide in 8 reports, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=258, which have all been positive.

Blowdryers today, do not get hot enough to really fry hair.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=262
    Last edited by ktani; January 26th, 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added link and text

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

What is metallic salt??

Length
    Shldr/BSL/whee!
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I've loved your hair from the first time I saw your signature photo, I've never thought of your ends as being too dark. That said, congratulations on the results, the lighter red suits your skin beautifully!