Page 13 of 72 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by csm--carla View Post
    Katani, thanks for the SunIn reviews--you are a wealth of information! Carla
    You are most welcome and thank you for the kind words.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

thankyou for posting this.. ive been shy about using sun-in even though i had always had great results with it preLHC.. people just said so many bad things about it.. i have lighter growth growing in because i switched my henna routine to a roots only semigloss.. and i dont dare do honey treatments because i get a ton of breakage with them..

ill be going out to buy sun-in soon.. as soon as i can get money..

i wish i had a working digital camera because ive got a projector attachment for my microscope and i would take before and after pictures of my magnified hair..
    can i call this classic length

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    i dont dare do honey treatments because i get a ton of breakage with them..
    I have the posts of your honey residue problems which kept coming back and your hair being tangly but I had no idea that you got breakage from it. I am so sorry to hear this.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by csm--carla View Post
    I understand from reading this thread twice that everyone seems to think that it is actually the hair color itself that is lightened even more than the henna--is that right?
    Carla
    That's the theory anyway. I think if it was just lightening the henna it'd redarken as it reoxidized, or I'd see orange water washout as I did with other henna removal treatments.

Squiggy- keep us posted even if you can't post pics

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Sun-in almost destroyed my hair. But, I also over used it and used it with lemon juice. I love my dark brown/auburn hair Yours looks great Nightshade! I can't believe the difference. Of course, I loved it the old way too
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Nightshade,

Thank you for sharing your experience. You are always a wealth of information.

I like to know have you rehennaed your hair since using the sun-in? If you have, did the ends that were chemically treated become more red as before the sun-in?

Nightshade you used lemon juice with conditioner in the past. Did the effect of that last? What changes did you see over time?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse1 View Post
    Sun-in almost destroyed my hair. But, I also over used it and used it with lemon juice. I love my dark brown/auburn hair Yours looks great Nightshade! I can't believe the difference. Of course, I loved it the old way too
    Awww, thank you on both counts

Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
    Nightshade,

Thank you for sharing your experience. You are always a wealth of information.

I like to know have you rehennaed your hair since using the sun-in? If you have, did the ends that were chemically treated become more red as before the sun-in?

Nightshade you used lemon juice with conditioner in the past. Did the effect of that last? What changes did you see over time?
    I'm so glad you found this all helpful

I have rehennaed, but not the length, I've just touched up my roots. I HAVE however done a cassia treatment with a titch of henna in it, and there was no color change to the length, just conditioning.

I did use lemon juice and conditioner, and for me the results didn't last. You can see before and after pics here of my ends compared to the top of my head after a lemon juice and conditioner treatment, but they darkened back up and any lightening was minimal, even after several go rounds and eventually returned to red. This is taken off my journal at the old LHC:

The first photo was done was a few months ago comparing the ends to the roots. You can see they are more ruby red, and are darker. Second pic is this evening (so 24 hours after the first treatment). The ends are now flaring copper rather than ruby and are closer in shade to the top of my head which is where the ligher henna/cassia hair is. Oh, this photo also does a great job showing how my henna/cassia fades out after two weeks (see how the roots aren't so copper?). Once I do a second treatment on them they'll stay copper.

In other news, updated color pic (Pardon the fluffiness, I'd just done the aforementioned henna/cassia treatment and touched up my roots.)

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Thank you for answering me so quickly.

I do not think I want to use cassia with Henna since it gave me a bad headache the last two times I used it.

When I get my Moroccan Henna from HennaSooq I will use a bit of alma to see if that leaves the chemically dyed part of my hair less red.

Ok Ms. Nightshade, you are making me brave. I am wanting to do this, but may I ask what the rationale was behind the 'spray-dry-rinse-spray-dry-rinse' cycle? Why not just spray and dry once, would it do the same thing?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by neenerbabe View Post
    Ok Ms. Nightshade, you are making me brave. I am wanting to do this, but may I ask what the rationale was behind the 'spray-dry-rinse-spray-dry-rinse' cycle? Why not just spray and dry once, would it do the same thing?
    I figured it would be less drying I never tried it without rinsing in between, but I also thought that if my hair was dry and I sprayed more on, I wasn't getting the dilution that the bottle recommended as it says to apply to damp hair and then comb through.

I thought that if I sprayed it on dry for round two that it may end up streaky or uneven without the water on my hair to help dispurse it.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure I'm explaining it properly.