Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    nape/BSL/BCL?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

"Perhaps the enterprise making Sun-In also makes wigs...."

lol. one has to wonder...
    i wish i had used olaplex BEFORE i bleached. sigh.

...henna will be my friend again someday

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Lolita View Post
    Eek, on the German brand bottle it says that you can leave on the Sun-In up to 10 hours. For an "extremly natural result, just like beach hair" you should even go out tanning with it. Ten ours of peroxide plus sun? Perhaps the enterprise making Sun-In also makes wigs....
    No kidding.

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I can't believe I missed this thread!

First, Nightshade your hair looks fabulous!

While reading this thread I do admit to feeling a little When I was more interested in lightening my henna, I tried, well, pretty much everything you listed! The best I got was a temporary color (cassia, honey, camomille) that stuck to the hair but didn't lift anything, and that's too time consuming. I never would have thought of Sun In. It's so obvious too. I mean I used it as a teenager when my hair started to get a little darker. Then I got shamed out of it by the hair dresser--probably because she knew it would react with the dye she was going to use. There's a potential for it to be damaging for sure, but those ingredients don't look that bad--nowhere near as terrible as the ingredients for those home dyes boxes I used for so long.

I'm thinking a few highlights on the darker parts of my hair--after strand tests of course. I only have a bit of darker banding toward the middle, so I'm not motivated enough to do too much hair.

Thanks for sharing your findings!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

prosperina- You're so welcome! I'd love to see your results once you've completed all your strand testing

Back when I was using dyes this wouldn't have been an option, but on pure herbs it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Well, if it isn't indigo and you think it may be a standard PPD dye, perhaps you should try something like ColorFix? THat may pull the black out and make it so you don't have to do so many Sun-In treatments
    waw! maybe i'll try that,, thanx for the nice advice! i was really lost and not sure what to do! will te ColorFix work good over the henna?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Palms View Post
    waw! maybe i'll try that,, thanx for the nice advice! i was really lost and not sure what to do! will te ColorFix work good over the henna?
    Yep, I've done it several times as I had black streaks in my hair and wanted to lighten up my old hair dye as much as possible As you can see, no black streaks anymore!

It may make your henna brighter or less red, but that should return to normal after a few days. The real impact should be on the dye.

Control One Hour- this shows a piece of my old hair (top) that was never hennaed, just dyed to a purple auburn with black streaks. No henna.

The bottom strand shoes my hennaed hair (that had previously been chemically treated). You can see that while it did lighten, the color was not as completely eliminated as in the top strand. The henna did darken back up over the course of the next few days, the top strand which was dye only did not

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Another WOW from me. It really does look fantastic!

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I'm just now seeing the results. I'm another one that thinks wow!! It looks fantastic.Thank you so much for posting all this wonderful info.I'm about to henna and I couldn't figure out how to lighten my length before-hand. Great work
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Very pretty result! I'm happy you're pleased with it.

Length
    17/22/24
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Nightshade, your hair results are really lovely!! Thank you so much for posting this hair journey and doing it so thoroughly!!

Katani, thanks for the SunIn reviews--you are a wealth of information!

I have been dyeing my salt and pepper hair auburn for decades. My hair had been lightened because of all the peroxide in the commercial color. (I thought my hair was pretty much all silver.)

I have just started Henna and Cassia 1:6 for honey blond results that I am surprised and delighted with--after much experimentation of course.
    I am now noticing that my roots have quite a few dark hairs especially at the hairline. I think I will trial some SunIn there--perhaps underneath--to see what it can do to even out the roots and the lengths.

I understand from reading this thread twice that everyone seems to think that it is actually the hair color itself that is lightened even more than the henna--is that right?

Thank you again for all the great info!!

Carla