Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
No noticeable damage, at least not yet. I went into this knowing I could damage my hair, and I was okay with that. I've grown out some epic damage, and figured I could handle whatever happened

Also, I don't think it lifted the henna... honestly I'm not sure WHAT peroxide does, if I'm just lightening the hair under the henna or doing something to the henna itself. Iris was much more up on the chemical side of what was happening down to a molecular level
I've used peroxide on my hair quite a bit in conjunction with henna - my hair's still shortish and so I've been willing to experiment more. I'm pretty sure you've hit the nail on the head; that the peroxide is lightening the hair itself. Before my last trim, some of my ends looked translucent when held up to the light, yet they were definitely still henna-red - and besides, I've never had much, if any dye runoff after a peroxide session.

It's great to know that sun-in can offer that extra lift for people who have applied just one too many times (or fallen asleep with the henna on - it's easy to do!). I'm really pleased this has worked for you!