Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by lora410 View Post
    HOLY COW!!!! This is good news for everyone who went t dark
    That was the hope!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Amazing! I didn't think sun-in would be strong enough, but apparently it is enough to remove a few shades. The henna must really react with it! Great job!
    I was surprised as well. I'm not sure what the upper limit is without lots of damage, but I went several shades lighter with no ill results!

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniels8811 View Post
    Niteshade - your hair is lovely! And thank you for taking the time and posting your results. A huge wealth of information is on these boards. I love your hair - envious! smile...
    Thank you so much And double thank you for using envious rather than jealous

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Your hair looks fantastic.

If you want to help prevent hair damage, should you try this again, I suggest a light coconut oiling, followed by a light argan oiling, used as a pre treatment.
    Thank you for the info I may have to try that. I have coconut oil, but no argan on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha25 View Post
    What is metallic salt??
    It's a catch-all term for several compounds that are in some "henna hair dyes" to push the color outside the range normally possible with henna. You can read more about them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Michou View Post
    I've loved your hair from the first time I saw your signature photo, I've never thought of your ends as being too dark. That said, congratulations on the results, the lighter red suits your skin beautifully!
    Thank you It's been a long struggle for accepting them and then I just said to hell with it And the copper does suit my skin much better, I'm warmed toned, so the cool darker henna just made me look ill.
    Last edited by Nightshade; January 26th, 2009 at 01:59 PM.