Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    10 in/16 in/20 in

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

What a fabulous description. I{m going to give it a try to see if I can lighten my henna up a bit. Like you, I didn{t know that full head application over time would darken the henna substantially. Thank you!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Quote Originally Posted by martagill View Post
    What a fabulous description. I{m going to give it a try to see if I can lighten my henna up a bit. Like you, I didn{t know that full head application over time would darken the henna substantially. Thank you!
    Good luck Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions!

Length
    10 in/16 in/20 in

That{s very good to know. I would have oiled, which probably wouldn{t have helped at all!

too bad I can{t see any of the pics due to the arcane rules on this site. So disappointing. Congrats if you are happy with the results. Since I cannot see them, it{s moot.

No worries, due to arcane rules, cant even see the pics on your profile. So frustrated.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

That{s very good to know. I would have oiled, which probably wouldn{t have helped at all!

too bad I can{t see any of the pics due to the arcane rules on this site. So disappointing. Congrats if you are happy with the results. Since I cannot see them, it{s moot.

No worries, due to arcane rules, cant even see the pics on your profile. So frustrated.
    You'll get their quickly enough and all my pictures are hosted on Google, so you shouldn't be prevented from seeing them in the first post.

Just in case, though, here's a before:

And an after:

Can you see those?

There's nothing "arcane" about it. Most members here understand that the rules are to protect us against long-hair ******ists, which we have had problems with in the past-- creepers showing up and being creepy, or stealing photos to post elsewhere without a member's knowledge, let alone permission, and probably other things I don't know about and am glad not to know about.

The rules are clearly explained here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ad.php?t=68520 , which is a sticky post at the very top of a board (labeled "NEW? START HERE!" in capital letters) that is at the very top of the forum list. There is little "arcane" about that. All you need are more posts to your profile (especially posts with content besides you complaining about not being able to see pictures) and you will be able to view the photos.

Length
    10 in/16 in/20 in

Hi, I love how your hair came out with the sun=in. I want to lighten mine for the same reason, it's gotten so dark. I looked for the blue bottle of Sun=In, but can't find it and the only one that comes up says it has lemon in it and I read that's not effective for lightening if I don't oxidation to occur. Which Sun=In are you currently buying? Thank you!

Length
    10 in/16 in/20 in

Yes! So beautiful!!! Thank you!!

So, I ordered some henna from your site. I think I' going to do a full head of your mix of hennas (I got the same ones you listed on your site), see how the color looks and then see if I need the sun=In. By the way, I didn't see a Blue bottle of Sun=In on the web, maybe discontinued? Which are you using now? There's a yellow bottle with lemon it looks like, an a red botltle.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hi, I love how your hair came out with the sun=in. I want to lighten mine for the same reason, it's gotten so dark. I looked for the blue bottle of Sun=In, but can't find it and the only one that comes up says it has lemon in it and I read that's not effective for lightening if I don't oxidation to occur. Which Sun=In are you currently buying? Thank you!
    Yes! So beautiful!!! Thank you!!

So, I ordered some henna from your site. I think I' going to do a full head of your mix of hennas (I got the same ones you listed on your site), see how the color looks and then see if I need the sun=In. By the way, I didn't see a Blue bottle of Sun=In on the web, maybe discontinued? Which are you using now? There's a yellow bottle with lemon it looks like, an a red botltle.
    The last time I used the lemon one and it worked fine The lemon does cause some lightening, but not really in these circumstances--it's photosensitive and so can lighten your hair, but also dries it out. I think the small amounts in the Sun-In are just because it's one of those things people have heard lightens hair, so they're tacking that onto their marketing angle for it. The thing that makes the 'lemon' one lighten is still the peroxide in it.

Length
    10 in/16 in/20 in

Thank you Nightshade. I'm hoping it won't dry my hair out too much as that's an issue. I have long hair and oil it every week with Ayuvedic oils to keep it from drying out. Even with that it's sometimes a bit dry.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thank you Nightshade. I'm hoping it won't dry my hair out too much as that's an issue. I have long hair and oil it every week with Ayuvedic oils to keep it from drying out. Even with that it's sometimes a bit dry.
    It likely will short term. I had no long-term effects from it, though