Page 91 of 236 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

Quote Originally Posted by CurlAhead View Post
    I have been trying this so many times, but I just can't seem to get the hang of it. Whatever I mix it with, it gets SUPERSTICKY and it HURTS to apply it on my scalp I never even get to the scalp, just the hair close to the scalp. My hand get all stuck up in my hair and I end up sitting there angry with nasty har.. Advice?

try heating the oil a little (let it sit in a bowl or applicator bottle in hot water) and then apply it. might find it wasier that way. what are you mixing with your castor oil and how much?

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I thought it was breakage at first too until I looked very closely and found nothing but tapered ends. How exciting! It's all new growth!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Curlahead, have you tried mixing it half and half with grapeseed oil? That's the lightest oil I could find at the health food store and I'm having no problem spreading it. You may want to try that and also heating it up will make it a little runnier, plus I expect it would feel great!
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    try heating the oil a little (let it sit in a bowl or applicator bottle in hot water) and then apply it. might find it wasier that way. what are you mixing with your castor oil and how much?
    Thanks for the tip about heating it, I'll try that. I have tried olive oil, water, conditioner, some oil I don't know the name of, canola oil.. I always dilute it at least 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    Curlahead, have you tried mixing it half and half with grapeseed oil? That's the lightest oil I could find at the health food store and I'm having no problem spreading it. You may want to try that and also heating it up will make it a little runnier, plus I expect it would feel great!
    No, I haven't.. What is that? I haven't seen it in any store..

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Thanks for the tip about heating it, I'll try that. I have tried olive oil, water, conditioner, some oil I don't know the name of, canola oil.. I always dilute it at least 50/50.

No, I haven't.. What is that? I haven't seen it in any store..

Grapeseed oil you can find in any cooking section. And if that doesnt give you results try diluting with EVOO with some EO's and see how it works for you. I use a root touch up applicator bottle so that i dont ahve use my fingers. I find with my fine hair it tends to get too sticky for me lol and i turn out to be a greaseball.

I envy your hair btw i have thin hair would love to have your thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by archel View Post
    Grapeseed oil is super duper light and really easy to spread, mixing it half and half with the castor oil has made it easier to work with. I don't think I could spread the castor by itself because it is so sticky. If you can't find grapeseed oil in a health food store, perhaps you could order some online?

I like a few drops of grapeseed in my hair for a leave in, too. It's so light and never greasy.
    Thank you, I'll look for it some day. Where I live, I can't even find some stupid PURE aloe vera, it's impossible. And if I do, it is SO EXPENSIVE (since I want to use it for the hair) that I wouldn't have any money left, haha I have bought some lighter conditioner that I wash my hair with (CO-washing), do you think I can mix castor oil, EVOO and that conditioner, or can the conditioner have a negative effect on the castor oil? Maybe.. 50-CO/25-EVOO/25-conditioner? And then heat it up?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedLady View Post
    Grapeseed oil you can find in any cooking section. And if that doesnt give you results try diluting with EVOO with some EO's and see how it works for you. I use a root touch up applicator bottle so that i dont ahve use my fingers. I find with my fine hair it tends to get too sticky for me lol and i turn out to be a greaseball.

I envy your hair btw i have thin hair would love to have your thickness.
    Thank you, I will look there. Didn't even know that you could get oil out of a grape seed, haha. What is EO?

And thank you.. It is not just positive having thick hair, at least not when being as short as mine is.. I think your hair looks really pretty.

Castor oil is the best oil for the ends too, in my opinion
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Thank you, I'll look for it some day. Where I live, I can't even find some stupid PURE aloe vera, it's impossible. And if I do, it is SO EXPENSIVE (since I want to use it for the hair) that I wouldn't have any money left, haha I have bought some lighter conditioner that I wash my hair with (CO-washing), do you think I can mix castor oil, EVOO and that conditioner, or can the conditioner have a negative effect on the castor oil? Maybe.. 50-CO/25-EVOO/25-conditioner? And then heat it up?

Thank you, I will look there. Didn't even know that you could get oil out of a grape seed, haha. What is EO?

And thank you.. It is not just positive having thick hair, at least not when being as short as mine is.. I think your hair looks really pretty.
    awww thank you . EO is essential oils like lavendar, rosemary etc.

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Grapeseed oil is super duper light and really easy to spread, mixing it half and half with the castor oil has made it easier to work with. I don't think I could spread the castor by itself because it is so sticky. If you can't find grapeseed oil in a health food store, perhaps you could order some online?

I like a few drops of grapeseed in my hair for a leave in, too. It's so light and never greasy.

Length
    Nape/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

@ Busybee

Congrats on the new baby sprouts!