Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    14/21/50
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I will and I agree. Thank you all for you help/support/inspiration/laughs!
    While my lashes don't look fake, they are longer and nicer than the ones I am used to certainly.
    I also have noticed the weight on my hair has changed significantly. I find that each strand feels much heavier than before, possibly also from the coconut oil. When feels it is its heaviest is after being washed and dried. I don't feel that it is pulling the hair entirely out of the root, but I do feel a pull. I have not experienced this prior and so far, even though it is setting off nerve endings, I am enjoying the thicker feel to my hair.
    I actually found it interesting that it is said that castor darkens hair and makes it grow, especially because I had been using it with other oils on my skin before LHC. I had not even considered it for hair. I did notice much darker and thicker hairs than I had ever had, I especially noticed this on my arms. Unpleasant, to say the least, and I have had to pluck them all out because they were actually very dark. I can only accredit this to the castor, I have never experienced it before and since I stopped using it on my body and plucked the darkest, I have not noticed this since. I will be watching for it again though because it drips down my face and back during and after application. I will also report on that.
    Grow Hair!

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Does anyone know what castor oil is in French? Can't find it in my dictionary, hah.

I'm thinking I'm gonna give this a try, since so many seem to get such a nice effect from it Is it possibe to wash out with only conditioner?

Length
    17/23/tb
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by erialc View Post
    Does anyone know what castor oil is in French? Can't find it in my dictionary, hah.

I'm thinking I'm gonna give this a try, since so many seem to get such a nice effect from it Is it possibe to wash out with only conditioner?
    Yes, I get mine out completely by using a lot of runny cone free conditioner massaged into the scalp, left for a few minutes and then rinsed thoroughly. Some people don't have as much luck though and need to shampoo.

I am guessing. Huile de ricin?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

lara grace - Alright, that's good to know! Thanks

PolarCathy - Oh of course, thanks! Why didn't I think of translating it from Swedish instead of English, haha.

lara grace - Alright, that's good to know! Thanks

PolarCathy - Oh of course, thanks! Why didn't I think of translating it from Swedish instead of English, haha.
    Hahhahhhahhha
    I would have guessed, because you weren't Swedish Then I saw your profile...
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    29mbl/WL/hip+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

In French it's " huile de ricin". I have noticed faster growth with castor oil. I apply once it a week on my scalp before washing my hair. I had new hair growing near my forehead I am happy for that because I have shed a lot previously.

Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

I recently switched from food grade coconut oil to Ancient formulae Brahmi Amla Enriched herbal hair oil. It claims to help hair growth from root and make your hair thick and strong. It contains Brahmi, Amla, Shankapushpi, Malakanguni, Nirgundi, Godavaj, Coconut oil and Castor Oil.
    I have been using it for about 2 months now. Found my shedding is decreasing...yey! Found my ends are splitting less...yippee and lots of shorter hairs at my crown...woohooo.
    I am inexperienced with mixing herbs so thought I would try this, I picked it up from the supermarket, Tesco's in the UK. It has a website on label at back www.heshherbal.com and email hesh@heshherbal.com. Phone +91 22 26761700/ 01.
    Just thought i would mention that i used coconut oil food grade for about 6 months prior to using this and although it helped somewhat i was still shedding like crazy and I was having major problems with chemically damaged ends. I don't like to recommend things unless they actually did work on me, but as it really helped with my ends I had to post.
    This is the link for the one I am using:
    http://www.heshherbal.com/product_in...products_id=70
    Last edited by ange1ito; April 30th, 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: to add the link to site

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ange1ito View Post
    I recently switched from food grade coconut oil to Ancient formulae Brahmi Amla Enriched herbal hair oil. It claims to help hair growth from root and make your hair thick and strong. It contains Brahmi, Amla, Shankapushpi, Malakanguni, Nirgundi, Godavaj, Coconut oil and Castor Oil.
    I have been using it for about 2 months now. Found my shedding is decreasing...yey! Found my ends are splitting less...yippee and lots of shorter hairs at my crown...woohooo.
    I am inexperienced with mixing herbs so thought I would try this, I picked it up from the supermarket, Tesco's in the UK. It has a website on label at back www.heshherbal.com and email hesh@heshherbal.com. Phone +91 22 26761700/ 01.
    Just thought i would mention that i used coconut oil food grade for about 6 months prior to using this and although it helped somewhat i was still shedding like crazy and I was having major problems with chemically damaged ends. I don't like to recommend things unless they actually did work on me, but as it really helped with my ends I had to post.
    This is the link for the one I am using:
    http://www.heshherbal.com/product_in...products_id=70
    Thanks so much for the link i have amla oil but i don't think mine has castor oil in it here is the one i have http://www.victoriahealth.com/produc...ign=feed_20114
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    34/41/43
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm sitting here with my hair gooped up in castor and coconut oil.I noticed something weird....after applying the oil to my scalp i did a ten minute scalp massage,and then combed out my hair...and saw a fairly large amount of shedding.At least,larger than usual.Maybe i'm just being crazy,my hair had been up in a bun all day,and i guess the massage helped get rid of all the fallen/loose hairs so they fell out all together when i combed..afterwards i used a BBB to brush the oils through my hair and combed again,and there was very little shedding,like,a few hairs.Am i crazy or is this making my hair shed??

I was going to measure my hair on may 25th to see what the castor oil did within a month...but the suspense is killing me.heck,measuring weekly for a little while wont hurt me