Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    chin/mbl/whip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I'm going to try this. I feel as if my hair has stopped growing.

Sober Lush Extraordinair AnqeIicDemise's Avatar
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Ah. Castor oil. So is this the reason why my already dark facial hair is such a pain in the keister to remove? But.. but.. I love how soft you leave my face! (I've been using honey/EVO and castor oil to clean my face at night. It is an amazing make up remover and cleansing blend!)

Oh well. I love the thick lashes..and the thick brows.. I think I shall start using this blend on my scalp once a week for deep massaging. ^-^

eye haelp mama kiep londry waerm.
    BSL|WSL | HP | not quite there CL |
    Moonstruck Tresses

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I have started with Castor oil recently! On my eyebrows, eyelashes, and finally hair! I've started shyly...only on top/front, being scared of shedding. Conditioner on roots as well as other oild make me shed. Guess its something about making roots softer/more open...thats how i think at least.
    Anyway, no such thing with Castor oil! I've mixed it 50-50 with nettle drops, and tiny bit of water and i got great results. Less shedding than normally and new hairs popping up a lot! Also my bangs have grown really fast! Oh, im so thankful for that!

So thumbs up, castor oil!!!

Oh i only have one question, for the more experienced!
    Does it dry the hair? Or is it good? Now i mean for the ends. I normally use wallnut oil, but should i perhaps add some castor oil to it too, for my lenght?

Length
    0.5/31/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

MonaLisa-

It's great that you tried it on just one area so you can see the difference between castor oiling and not oiling- that was really smart!

I've been using it on my ends each night and so far no dryness. In fact, this weekend I put a coconut oil/castor oil mix on my length and friends told me it looked shiny! That has never happened with just coconut oil. So I think it must be doing something good for the ends and length.

Length
    MBL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

thanks! Im really a coward and like to test everything first. Have kinda sensitive roots and lots of things make me shed! So lately i really like to be safe.

Ok, I'll try mixing it with my wallnut oil before next wash, and see if mine gets more shiny too

Type
    3a/3b/F/i/ii

Ihad one question can anyone and everyone use JCBO or is it only for a certain type of hair? I'm caucasian but fine thin hair so i wanted to see who has used it and who hasnt and get everyones opinions. I read that its not as thick as the generic castor oil from the pharmacy. So i wanted to ask before i tried it. And which one the refined or unrefined?
    Last edited by WickedLady; April 4th, 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Ok, I have tried the castor oil mixed with avacado, once, and shed a truly horrid amount when I did. I read where someone else shed from avacado, too...so I just got some coconut oil, and plan to try that mix in the morning before my shower. Fingers crossed!!

Length
    24''/38''/40''
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I tried this today with 50:50 castor and evoo. I put it on my scalp and ran my hands through my hair to use the extra. Then I clarified with baking soda in a 1 Tbsp to 1 cup. It still felt oily, so I dumped 1/3 cup baking soda into my mixing cup and 2 cups of water. Way clarified, right? Not so much. My hair is super oily and I need to wear it up under a hat tomorrow so no one sees it.

So... do you think it was the evoo, the castor or the whole oil shebang? I have had bad luck with oils so far. I tried a caramel treatment and it left my hair lank and gross.

Length
    Bald/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

It might be the EVOO; it can be really hard to get out of hair with BS. I haven't had a similar problem with castor oil yet, and it's probably because I use less. The last time I used more than a teaspoon of EVOO on my hair, I ended up with an oil slick that I had to use clarifying shampoo on, though I've heard CO works well, too.

With oils, in general, I find less is more. It's way easier to add a little more oil than it is to take it out of your hair!

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes, I think it is the evoo, too. I tried the same mix and it was very hard to get out of my hair. The next time I tried only warm castor oil and it was definately easier to get out of my hair. Still waiting for some oils I have ordered, so I might try to out some other oil mixes in the future .