Page 13 of 236 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I tried this last night. Mixed castor oil with EVOO and massaged it into my scalp, and CO washed this morning. My hair is still a bit greasy but with my curls it's not really noticeable. There was a lot of shedding in the shower. It seemed excessive, since I ACV washed yesterday and I only shed that much if I skip washes. I'll try it a few more times and give up if the shedding continues. For those of you who had good results, how often did you use this?

And has anyone noticed any...errr...digestive side effects? I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I'd like some confirmation.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    Just an update on my cat--she's okay. Haha but now I know not to leave hair concoctions lying around for naughty kitties to lick up!
    And how is your hair? Is this an experiment you like the results of? I've often mixed castor oil with coconut oil and love the mix
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    15"/23"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I'm trying the coconut and castor oil mix on my hair today, all the things I read in here made me excited!

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
    I'm trying the coconut and castor oil mix on my hair today, all the things I read in here made me excited!
    oh great, be sure to tell us how you like it!

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

This thread makes me really want to try some kind of oil. The problem is, my hair gets SUPER greasy very easily. What do you brilliant, lovely ladies recommend for that?
    My goal is to grow 3 inches before prom.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRose View Post
    This thread makes me really want to try some kind of oil. The problem is, my hair gets SUPER greasy very easily. What do you brilliant, lovely ladies recommend for that?
    Coconut oil is very popular, and many people have success with it. If your hair tend to get greasy, try starting with very small amounts - few drops or so, and then go from there.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Thanks, Heidi!
    My goal is to grow 3 inches before prom.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Does anyone know more about castor oil's darkening effects? Is it a stain, or does the hair grow in darker? Is it permanent? Darker how? (As in, is it a more intense version of whatever haircolor you have, or is it a dingy brown stain?)

I'm not categorically opposed to darker hair, but I don't want to get stuck with some ugly color.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Roseate View Post
    Does anyone know more about castor oil's darkening effects? Is it a stain, or does the hair grow in darker? Is it permanent? Darker how? (As in, is it a more intense version of whatever haircolor you have, or is it a dingy brown stain?)

I'm not categorically opposed to darker hair, but I don't want to get stuck with some ugly color.
    I think it's supposed to slightly darken hair over time, which is one reason I've been using it. I think a few people on the shampoo bar thread had reported noticeable darkening over time from using shampoo bars with castor oil in them. Here is one account of this online: http://selkiebeauty.blogspot.com/200...darkening.html

I have been using castor oil and feel like a notice a bit of darkening but I cannot say if it's the castor oil or the molasses. I just figure that with all the other benefits of castor oil it's worth using. I def. don't think it will make your hair a yucky color.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
    I think it's supposed to slightly darken hair over time, which is one reason I've been using it. I think a few people on the shampoo bar thread had reported noticeable darkening over time from using shampoo bars with castor oil in them. Here is one account of this online: http://selkiebeauty.blogspot.com/200...darkening.html

I have been using castor oil and feel like a notice a bit of darkening but I cannot say if it's the castor oil or the molasses. I just figure that with all the other benefits of castor oil it's worth using. I def. don't think it will make your hair a yucky color.
    That's where I put that blog!!! I knew I had a beauty review type blog at some point or another, but I forgot what I did with it (I switched to wordpress for blogging back some time ago and forgot to transfer things lol).
    I went off shampoo bars a few months ago, and my hair lightened back up... then I henna'd it. So much for growing out my natural color... but I do think whatever darkening effect castor oil has is temporary.