Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    1inch/3inch/24inc
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I have a bottle of castor oil I was about to throw away. I will try to use it before I shampoo my hair.

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

I tried this today. I probably used about a tablespoon altogether, applying it straight except a few drops of diluted essential oil. I used my fingertips to apply it to my scalp. Then I smoothed it through the length and ends. I washed it out with a lot of Suave conditioner and now I am waiting for my hair to dry.

So far, it feels really good, thicker without any greasiness! Let's see if it helps my hair grow faster.

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Velouria, which aisles in Walmart did you find the castor oil in?

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think I will try this. Right now I don't have a bottle of castor oil, but I saw it in the supplement aisle at my grocery store when I was picking up a bottle of Biotin, so I will go get some the next time I stop by.

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

In the same aisle as Milk of Magnesia, Exlax etc. I think the aisle sign said "digestive" someting or other. Near the pharmacy.

Length
    16/50+/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I bought a little bottle at the Indian store yesterday (and used in making up a glossy hair treatment batch for the first time).
    Have been reading this thread and will now try it in scalp massages, lashes, etc.
    My bottle says "Refined" and is quite light in color (hope it has no darkening effect) and I would not say it's too goopy.

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So I just put a mix of castor oil and coconut oil (eyeballed it to half-and-half) on my scalp (though most of it ended up on my hair... tehehe).

What do you ladies usually do with your hair while this mix is on it? I just put my hair in a bun with my Ficcare.

Also, my kitty managed to lick the bowl a few times while I was grabbing my Ficcare... *gulp*

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    Also, my kitty managed to lick the bowl a few times while I was grabbing my Ficcare... *gulp*
    Ouh, your cat got somecastor oil in her? Hope she doesn't get stomach problems.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    Ouh, your cat got somecastor oil in her? Hope she doesn't get stomach problems.
    I hope not too! It's been a few hours and she's fine so far, but I just feel soo guilty for not rinsing the bowl before running off to get that hairtoy. What was I thinking? (Actually, what was my kitty thinking?)

Just an update on my cat--she's okay. Haha but now I know not to leave hair concoctions lying around for naughty kitties to lick up!
    Last edited by Teacherbear; March 4th, 2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: merge 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by krissykins View Post
    I hope not too! It's been a few hours and she's fine so far, but I just feel soo guilty for not rinsing the bowl before running off to get that hairtoy. What was I thinking? (Actually, what was my kitty thinking?)

Just an update on my cat--she's okay. Haha but now I know not to leave hair concoctions lying around for naughty kitties to lick up!
    Sounds like somethign my cat would do